Chapter 17

Kamso

"Ij please na. Just leave me." I said going back to my math book. They, the prefects, came back like 30 minutes after prayers ended. I've been doing my assignment in peace until Ij came back and wanted to gist. Satan must be at work right now, not wanting me to do my assignment. First Mike now lj.

"That's what you always say. Kamso it's not fair at all. Ever since you started being with Mike it's just like you've totally forgotten about your friends."

What? "Ij that is very unfair for you to say. How can you say I forgot about you guys."

"It's true. I mean Amanda pointed it to me last week but I was like hey y'all know how much she liked him let's give them time. But then I noticed it myself, you don't have time for us."

"So you guys have been talking about me behind my back?" I asked baffled.

"Don't play that card with me, Kamso."

"What card. What are you talking about. All of a sudden you're saying how I neglect my friends and-"

"Well it's true. I wouldn't accuse you falsely Kamso. It's true, you're all over him and he's all over you, you guys are just all over the place." Her voice rising a bit. What?

"Ij, you're not making any sense at all."

"I'm not? Ok, where were you this night prep?"

I narrowed my eyes trying to get what she was driving at "With Mike, in his study class."

"During break time earlier today?" She asked again.

"I was with Mike, what are you driving-"I began but she interrupted.

"You still don't see my point? Okay. During assembly this morning?" She asked with a raised brow.

"With Mike. So?"

"So, you didn't even come for morning assembly and that's a first for you. Try to understand what I'm saying, you're always with Mike, you don't have time for your friends anymore and the time we should spend together talking, you always use it for one assignment or the other probably because you and Mike whiled your prep away talking."

"Ij, I understand what you're saying, but I also want you to understand that I love you and Amanda and others. It's not like I intentionally ignore you like you say. I'm sorry if you feel like that."

We looked at each other for sometime and I smiled. Ij had been my friend since JSS2 and nothing is ever going to change that. And if she feels like Mike is taking up most of my time then, I don't know what to do or say to her.

"So this is the part where you give me an ultimatum?" I asked smiling then using a gruff voice I added "It's either your friends or your boyfriend. Or else I'll stop being your best friend,"

"Shut up silly." She said hitting me with her pillow. I went to her bed and sat down, I wrapped my hand around her tightly.

"Love you so much bestie." She rolled her eyes before returning the hug. "Love you too."

"Don't worry, I'll try to learn how to balance my love life and education and my friendship with the girls."

"Love life ke? Ana emenu, Biko kwa, just take care so he doesn't get you pregnant and leaves you hanging.

I started laughing "Which one is pregnancy, Biko kwa lj, Remove your head from gutter. I told you to stop watching too many Nigerian movies.

"Stay there. As if you don't know boys again."

I ignored her, because lj can be paranoid sometimes. Mike is not like that though. "Anyway, I'm sorry for ignoring you. Forgive me?"

She nodded and I smiled, "But for tonight, please let me finish this assignment. We're going to submit it tomorrow." She agreed and went back to the novel she was reading,