Chapter 41

Kamso

"And get this, he turns around and tells her she needs more than three to be able to get in."

"Three, I thought you said you only needed one."

"No Mike, I said two. Are you even listening?"

"Not really." I got up from where I lay on his chest and looked at him. And what is it with my fingernails? I sighed and lay back on his chest.

"Why are you biting my fingernails?" I muffled into his chest.

"Because they're perfect. I need to mess it up a bit."

"You have a problem with perfect?" I laughed softly when he sucked my index finger.

"Perfect is good. But I just want to."

"Go ahead then. Bite it all off." We both burst out in laughter and he kissed the top of my head. I could stay like this forever but, Something was wrong, Ever since we made up, Mike has been a little bit I dunno not himself.

"Is everything alright Mike?" I asked after a while and he let outa deep breath and kissed the inside of my palm.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?"

"Well you've been....withdrawn lately. And sometimes when you laugh, it doesn't quite reach your eyes. I dunno, I just can't put a finger on what exactly. So is there anything I need to know?" We both lay there listening to each other breathe.

"I'm fine Mgbo, I do have a lot on my mind but I'm fine. I just need to hold you. I miss you." He whispered finally.

"I'm here love. I'm not going anywhere." He tightened his hold on my waist and I snuggled against him. So warm, I felt sleep creep up on me and I let it.

I opened my eyes sometime later and I was on his bed. I looked up and saw him smiling down at me.
"You're such a creep." I teased smiling. He smiled and kissed my forehead. Before it hit me.

"I can't believe I fell asleep- oh my God! What's the time, my mum would throw a fist if I slept here.!" I stood and looked for my sandal, and only calmed when I looked at the wall clock.9 o'clock.

"Come and drop me please." I turned to ask him but the look he had on his face stopped me. See when he looks at me like that, I feel like I could do anything for him only if he asked. I could kill for him aswear.

"Stay." He said. I sighed and picked up my bag because I could feel my insides crumbling already and my heart screaming yes.

"Michael." I whined and he knelt on the bed before me with that face I couldn't resist. I looked on top of his head. Funny, I had never been in the position to look atop his head before, I just wanted to stroke it. Chikamso. focus.

"I have to go to work tomorrow."

"I'll take you back as early as 6o'clock." He countered.

"Your mum-"

"She won't mind at all."

"My mum-"

"I'll call her and explain, say yes babe," He kissed my jaw and licked my lips, I felt tingles run down my spine and it took my best to stay focused. I sighed and placed both hands on his shoulders then my gaze went to his head let my hand go up to his head.

And I stroked gently, I watched as he closed his eyes and leaned more into my touch. It really should be illegal to look this breathtaking. I thought.

"Fine. You're calling my mum though." He laughed and kissed me noisily before reaching for his phone.