Chapter 11

Kamso

"Kamso! Are you done setting the table?" My mum asked when she caught me with my phone. It sucks being the first girl.

I had four other siblings. Three elder brothers who were all in the university and my younger sister Kaima. "Yes mum, I'm done."

"Call your sister." She said wiping her hand with the kitchen cloth.

I went to the room I shared with Kaima "Come down for lunch Kaima." She nodded, eyes glued to her phone. "Now."

"Alright sis. I'm right behind you."' She put her phone under the pillow and followed me to the dinning room.

After saying prayers, we started eating. I was chatting with lj and I had my phone with me at the table but I made sure my mum didn't see because if she did, I would be dead.

Then a message popped up on my screen
-Hey.

That was all it said. I quickly checked the profile to see if it was someone l knew. The profile just had some quote on it and I replied.

-Hi

Then I went back to the chat I was having with Ij. That girl can tell stories eeh. Before I could reply to what she said, another chat notification from the
unknown person.

-Kamso... how is your midterm going?

Ok this person knew me, I concluded. Must be a classmate.

-Who am l chatting with?

I typed hoping it didn't come off as rude. Then the reply came almost immediately.

-You don't know? I'm hurt.

I rolled my eyes at this. First you chat me up and then you behave as if I should know who you are. When even your profile doesn't give anything away.

-???

I went back to my food ignoring my phone when it buzzed. If I look at it too much, my mum would know and she had this policy. No phone at the table, or during family time. I took a sip of water and let my eyes wander down. I almost choked on my food.

–Your secret admirer.

My mum looked at me with concern and I smiled "I'm fine mum." But my thoughts were just on my chat.

-Really now? And who might this be?

I rolled my eyes. I had a secret admirer? Yeah right. I thought sarcastically as my mind wondered who it could be. I didn't have male friends save for some of my brother's friends who would come over sometimes.

-If I tell you, it wouldn't be a secret anymore
would it?

My first thought was lj or one of my other friends playing a prank on me.

– I really don't have time for this.
I typed a little bit impatient. I swear if this is one of the girls playing a prank on me, I will show them once we get back to school.

-Patience love.

Is this person for real. I thought when I read
it.

-Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to
block this number from my phone. I wasn't
Joking when I sald I didn't have time for this.

Then the next message came In. My jaw dropped when I saw it. This person is not listening at all. Does it look like I was joking?

-Feisty, I like.

I rolled my eyes for the umpteenth time. I was thinking of what to say when another message from the person came in.

-Actually it's Michael. Achusi Michael.