Chapter 54

Kamso

"Ugh." I muttered rolling off the bed. The light hitting my eyes causing me to squint and huff.I turned to the wall clock, 9:00 am. Good, Mike would have gone out by now.

Yes, I've been trying to avoid him since that kiss. It's not enough that I shamelessly cuddled up to his chest few nights ago, I had to lead him on like I haven't been kissed for a long while. Like I was yearning for him, believe me I'm not. God, I hate myself. I should be angry at him yet somehow he
makes me forget about that whenever I'm with him.

I went to the bathroom and brushed.I washed my face and while I toweled it dry, images of him holding me and kissing me flashed through my mind. I closed my and whimpered, I can't deal with this. He doesn't love you Kamso. Yet another image
of him flashed my mind.

My stomach grumbled and I rolled my eyes. This is what I get for trying to avoid him. I couldn't eat last night because he came back earlier than usual.

No love message today. I thought when I got
to the kitchen and didn't see any paper on the table, I wondered at the disappointment I felt.
When I had finished preparing the food, I heard footsteps.

"Just the beauty I wanted to see." I looked up and Mike stood there with his hand folded across his chest and a stupid smile on his face.

I'm trying a whole lot not to like him again but he's making it difficult for me. The love messages, the sweet texts, he also whispers the sweetest things to my ears whenever he got the chance to and that kiss, If you would call that a kiss. It was like he was courting me all over again.

Do I like it? Well yes, He looked at me like I was the center of his world. I love that, I've always loved that. When his stares at my lips, my heart starts beating furiously and when he touches me, my God, I feel like melting in his arms.

He brought back every memory I had of him, of us. I love him. I wasn't going to keep denying that. I loved Mike, I've always loved him, I guess I never stopped. I just covered it up with anger.

But I just don't trust him anymore. And I didn't want to start anything with him so I'm just going to keep looking for a place to stay. Two weeks more and I'l leave. I have to before he ropes me in again,

"You're still here?" his grin widened and I knew then, just how stupid my question sounded.

"Why have you been avoiding me Mgbo."

"I'm not avoiding you Mike. I'm here with you aren't I?"

"That you are. At least for now, and this might be the last I get to see of you today." he walked closer still not taking his eyes off me.

"Did you sleep well?" I nodded and started clearing the table to keep myself busy. And he just stood there watching me.

"Is there anything you wanted?"

"I want to take you out for dinner tonight."

"I'll be busy tonight."

"Tomorrow then?"

"Shouldn't you be at work right now?" said changing the topic. And he looked at me for a while before nodding.

"Yes. I need help with this by the way." I  looked at him and then at the tie he held, well I couldn't say no.

He pulled out a chair and sat down and I reluctantly walked towards him. I took the tie from his hands ignoring the warmth that spread all over me when our fingers brushed together.

I tried to concentrate on the task and not on how close I stood to him or that his breath was fanning my cheek. Or that if I lifted my head a bit, our lips would meet.