Epilogue

Mike

I packed my car outside the compound and
stealthily walked inside the house.

It's been 6 years since l got married to the love of my life and these six years have been glorious. Iwanted to surprise her since came back two days earlier than l'd planned.

I just can't stay away from her for long coupled with the fact that I didn't want her to deal with a sick child alone. Immediately she called yesterday that Jr was down with fever I had to come back.

I smiled when I was greeted with the sight of my kids sprawled on the floor in the sitting room, colouring. My eyes stayed on my son a bit longer and I was relieved when I finally convinced myself he was alright.

"Daddy!"

My smile widened when my daughter, my firstborn jumped with joy and ran towards me. I don't know how she does it. Kamso says it's juju but every time I see her, I'm reminded of the day she was born. When the nurse dropped her tiny bundled up body in
my arms. She chose that moment to smile and my heart was stolen.

I still have that feeling every single time she smiles at me. It was a different kind of love, different from what I feel for Kamso or my parents and siblings and friends. I just can't explain it.

She threw herself in my arms and l caught her to my chest. I twirled her around and smiled as she squealed. I dropped her and picked up my son, my lookalike, my namesake. I did the same to him and
he laughed as well. I placed a kiss on his forehead and hugged him.

I placed my palm on his forehead to check
his temperature. I frowned at how quiet
he was even when I came in.

Normally he would be running around causing mischief. Tearing up papers destroying phones and TV remotes. No matter how out of reach those
things are, he always finds his way to them.

"Where's your mum pumpkin" l asked looking down at my daughter while holding Jr.

"Muuummmmyyy!-" I covered her mouth
immediately and sighed.

"I want to surprise her." I whispered and laughed when her eyes lit up. She's a drama queen this one.

"She's at the backyard" she whispered as well and I shook my head with a smile on my face.

"Go back to colouring with your brother, I'll go see her ok?" she nodded and I set Jr back on his feet.

"But daddy did you buy anything for us?" I kissed her head and pinched her cheek lightly.

"Later honey, daddy wants to talk to mummy." she nodded and went back to their papers with Jr following behind.

I walked stealthily to the backyard and my lovely wife was collecting clothes from the line. Six years later and she was still as beautiful as ever.

I stood there silently and waited for her to notice my presence. She removed a peg from one of the clothes and when she took the cloth down from the line, her eyes locked with mine.

I watched as her eyes lit up but it didn't prepare me for her screams that filled the air seconds later. She clamped her hand over her mouth when she finally realized herself but I was already laughing.

Now what man wouldn't want, dream even, to come home to this.

"Hey beautiful." I said still smiling.

"What are you doing here?" she asked her voice still high pitched. I smiled with satisfaction. Surprise.

"Last time l checked my love, I live here."

A huge smile broke across her face and she squealed again before running to me. I lifted her off the ground and twirled with her in my arms. Yeah, she's still slim after two beautiful children.