Chapter 61 A

Mike

"Where is she?"

"Mike calm down." Kanayo said beside me.

I tugged at my tie, suddenly feeling uncomfortable. What if she...

"Guy." I turned when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Mike, Kamso loves you and she's going to be here in no time."

"She's twenty minutes late Kanayo." I said looking towards the entrance again.

"Brides always late to their wedding, You saw her last night and she was very eager to get maried to you so just chill okay?"

"I mean you two even spent time on the phone this morning, doing all that 'I'll be the one on white and I'll be the one waiting down the aisle' stuff."

I nodded and took a deep breath and calmed my nerves down before looking at the door again.

"Guy calm down jor. Even her maid of honor isn't here yet."

"But my sisters are." I said looking over to where all five of them sat.

"And they were all with her this morning."  perhaps I was over thinking things. She did seem eager last night.

"They're here." he interrupted my line of thought.

I snapped of my thoughts as Amanda and the rest of the bride's maids made their way up the aisle. She smiled at me and rolled her eyes a bit when she saw Kanayo.

I sighed in relief when they started playing the wedding march. I straightened my tie and looked towards the door for my beautiful bride. My heart fell to my stomach when after the song was played to the end and she still didn't walk through the doors.

I looked at where Amanda stood and she too had a frown on her face. When she turned to me, I saw the worry written on her face. I raised my brow in question and she shook her head and shrugged.

Where was Chibueze and lj? He was supposed to walk her down the aisle and she too wasn't here yet. I looked at my sisters and they too were glancing at the door, Forty minutes late.

Then it dawned on me.

She wasn't coming.

She's not coming.

***************************

I left my position at the altar and hurried to the door, ignoring the voices of people that called out to me. My throat was clogged and I wanted more than nothing but to kneel and cry. Kamso what happened? I shook my head to clear the panic that has started settling in my heart.

I ran to my car and just as I got there, Chibueze pulled over. He came down and I noticed lj hurry down from the passenger. Finally, they're here.

My heart sank even further when I noticed the worry etched on their faces. I made eye contact with Ij and she shook her head.

"Michael let's talk in the car okay?" Chibueze said gripping my shoulder and squeezing it in a sort of
brotherly manner.

"Where is she?" he kept walking and glanced at Ij.

"Where is she ljeoma?" she burst into tears and Bueze went to her side.

"She did say she was nervous but I didn't think she was going to-

"Ijeoma" Bueze warning voice said and Ij stopped.

"Can someone just tell me what the hell is going on?" I asked getting frustrated with the way everyone was acting.

"Let's talk in the car man." Chibueze said again before glaring at Ij who was now sniffling.

We entered the car and I listened to Ijeoma's silent sobs and it dawned on me that I got stood up on my wedding,