Chapter 12

Mike

The past two days had been great chatting with Kamso. I guess I still had to thank my sister. But right now, I was really anxious staring at my phone waiting for a reply. I wasn't going to send it, but I did, mistakenly.

And now after thirty minutes, I hadn't gotten a reply from her. My sister walked in and plopped on the couch. She still wouldn't go back to school.

"I noticed you've been staring at your phone for quite some time." She said taking the remote and flipping through the channels.

I looked up at her and then shrugged and looked back at my phone. But on second thoughts..

"So.... l asked Kamso to be my girlfriend, like thirty minutes ago, and she still hasn't  replied." I told her.

"You asked her? I thought she already had a crush on you? Shouldn't it be you accepting to be her boyfriend?" She frowned.

"Well she doesn't know I have the letter."

"So you didn't tell me everything? You said you received-"

"I did, Just not from her directly. She doesn't know I have it, but I wanted to you know, give it a try." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Yeah."

We looked at each other and she smiled at me "Aww. My little brother is all grown up. Lover boy ni." She teased.

"Sis stop." I said looking at her pointedly.

"What? Someone cannot tease you again?"
She was still smiling and it was getting on my nerves. She has this gift of annoying people. Even my mum can testify to that.

"Anyway what did you say. How did you put it?"

"I told her.... what does it matter?" I completed not wanting to repeat it.

She started singing kiss Daniel's laye under her breath but just loud enough so I could hear it.

Turn around, turn around, turn around,
my baby see your lover,
anything I give to you
girl l don't want it back
girl I'm ready to be yours forever
no another

I threw a pillow at her and it got her to shut up. Crazy girl. She just laughed me.

"Anyway, you shouldn't worry. Since she has a crush on you already, of course she'll accept."

I didn't say anything to that, I just nodded and stood to go to my room. I still had to pack for school. My sister's voice could still be heard as I went into my room. She was singing Banky W's song I think.

Will you be my lover
Yes, no

I shook my head and chuckled before shutting the door.

            *******************************

Thursday came and I still hadn't gotten a reply. Maybe it was too early? I checked my watch, it was already 3 o'clock and I was ready to go back to school. I had my uniform and everything on the only thing left was..

Yeah, I was still staring at my phone. I turned it off and placed it in my drawer. Then I took my luggage and walked downstairs. It seems I was going to do this in person.

"Bye. And good luck with the competition." Amaka whispered as she hugged me.

"Thanks, and you, see that you stop disturbing mum and go back to school." I teased.

"Of course. I'll leave on Saturday before that woman kills me. I wonder how dad had been able to survive, she can nag for the world." She complained.

I laughed because I understood. My mum threatened that she won't have anything to eat if she continues to stay at home. Amaka needed that, if not, she would just continue staying home.