Chapter 20

Mike

We were on holidays. Long vacation actually, and my eldest sister uses this opportunity every time to drop her kids at home, with us.

And as much as I love my nephews and nieces, this was not the time. They made so much noise my head hurt. I had six sisters and only two were still single, so I was an uncle eleven times over. Nawaoo.

"Why are you hiding out here?" I looked up from my phone to see Amaka standing at my doorpost.

"I've had enough biko."

"I wonder how they do it oo." She agreed, plumping down on the bed.

I eyed her, she knew quite well I hated it when she did that. "I didn't invite you oo."

"Relax Haba. Mum said to tell you to remember to clean up the sitting room once they're done."

"How is that my work. I have been watching them since morning. Amaka you should be practicing for your future role as a mum na. Help me out here."

"Practicing kwa? Thank you, I don't need it. Besides I have been cooking since morning, that's enough practice for me. You're talking as if you won't be a father too."

She walked out of the room and I felt like screaming. These children will not kill me. I love kids don't get me wrong but my nephews and niecess were just too hyperactive. They played too much,
screamed too much and they were just too much for me to handle. I don't think I was ever like that my entire life.

I quickly got up and wore my slippers and sneaked out of the house. But not before taking my sport clothes and shoes, I went to Kanayo's house to stay for the meantime. Maybe we could hit the football field, I thought to myself.

"Ah, Mike. How are you? This one you decided to visit us today." Kanayo's mum said once I came in.

"Mummy I'm fine. Is Kanayo home?" I looked around and back to her.

"In his room" I nodded and went over to his room

I had been friends with Kanayo since our childhood so I was no stranger to the family. I opened his door without knocking as usual, and I saw him making out with some girl. It had to be a new girl, I haven't seen this one around. They jumped apart and the girl stood up immediately.

"I.....I have to go now. I'll... um....I'll see you later." She hurried out of the room and I turned to Kanayo and saw he was glaring at me. Looks like I spoiled his show, but why do I find it funny?

"Kanayo don't kill me with your eyes biko."I said laughing.

"There's this thing called knocking, ever heard of it?" He said and I snorted.

"You should have locked your door if you wanted privacy K. Besides, when have I ever knocked before coming inside your room. I hope you use protection though, I wouldn't want to-"

"Mike stop. Don't even go there. As if I don't see the way you look at Kamso."

"This is not about me, it's about you. And besides I don't look at Kamso that way. What I feel for her is more than just physical K." And it was true, I can't deny that sometimes I feel the draw to kiss her and all that but it's way more than that.

"Why are you here then?"

"Guy you're just like this because I spoiled your show. Let's go and play football, besides it might help you release some of that pent up sexual tension."

He grumbled and went to his closet to get his clothes and I changed into mine too. He's pissed off at the moment but he'll get over it. K's like that.

"Mum, we'll be back soon!" He shouted and we headed to the football field.

"Kanayo! Mike! You guys are just in time for a match. Look at these ajebutter boys that are challenging us." One of our friends called to us once we got there, while motioning to a group of boys that stood to the other side.

"When did you guys return na. So you're forming boarding school for us." Obinna asked joining us.

"Haba, how can you say such a thing na. We are street boys by heart, we no dey carry last." Kanayo said grinning, his make out session forgotten. We all ran into the field and the match began.

One of the boys stayed back and watched over our things as usual and after the first half of the match, we came out for break and I took my can of water and took huge gulps of water.

"Mike! Phone call!" Arinze shouted, he was the one watching our stuff. I figured it would be my mum, calling to reprimand me for escaping my chores and leaving the house without her knowledge.

"Who is it?  I called to him walking over to where he was reluctantly.

"My love!" He shouted back and it got the attention of some of my friends. Could he be any louder?

"Thanks." I said and took the phone from him.

"Mike, so you have a love? What are you not telling us?" He had this grin on his face and I just smiled at him.

"Kamso." I said once I took the call and waited to hear her voice from the other end.

"Why do you sound breathless?" She asked after sometime and I could picture her nose Scrunched up in confusion. It was cute.

"You don't know? Your voice always does that to me." I teased her. And I heard her huff. "I'm just playing football with some friends."

"Oh. If you're busy, I can call back. I mean it's silly why I called anyway."

"No, it's fine. I love hearing your voice. So what's up?"

"Ok. So between these two names Kamnetochukwu and Kosisochukwu, which one do you like better?"

I rubbed the back of my neck, in confusion. Leave it to Kamso to call you and ask you random questions. "Is this the type of question where any answer I give gets me in trouble?"

"Not every question a girl asks is like that." She said laughing.

"You can't blame me though. One can never tell."

"I just wanted your opinion."

"Kamneto , I think." I heard some ruffling of paper in the background and wondered what she was up to."

"What's your favorite female name?"

She asked again and I was lost. This was definitely the type that any wrong answer gets me in trouble.

"Chikamso." She was quiet for sometime before she said.

"I meant other than my name silly." I thought for a while, favorite name for a female.

"Kenechukwu."

"Ok. Thanks, play well. good luck. Mwah!" She made a kissing sound and ended the call, just like that. I didn't even get the chance to ask what she was doing with the names. This girl shaa, you won't ever see me complaining though.

Hope you loved it
Vote, Comment and Share.
I'd love to hear from you guys 🥺🥺