Chapter 32

Mike

I got to Nsukka by 4 o'clock the next day. Kamso doesn't know yet, that's why it's meant to be a surprise. I've talked to Kaima and I have her address with me. I just need to drop by my aunt's house and freshen up.

I miss her so much, and I cannot even stay another minute away from her. It's a pity I'm only here for a week though. I wish it could be longer.

I knocked on the door and waited patiently. A smile slowly creeping into my face. I know Kamso, she's going to die.

"Hold on I'm coming" I heard from the other side.

Then I heard footsteps. The door opened slightly and someone peeped through it.

"Oh my God! Micheal!" She wrapped her hands around my neck. "Come in. Seriously Mike, it feels like forever since I last saw you. Wow."

"I wonder how she's going to react if you react like this Ij." I grinned at her. "I missed you."

"Tsk. We both know who you're here for mister. You look good, I have to admit. Kamso is going to faint!"

We both laughed and she kept looking at me like I had grown two heads.

"Did you get taller and my God, that voice Mike. You came to kill my friend didn't you?" She went on and I just shook my head.

"You didn't even visit for once, Mike that is
not fair."

"I'm so sorry for that."

"See what we're going to do. Trust me, she's going to die. Stand here." She said pulling me across the room. She went to the door and stood at the post.

"Perfect. She won't see you immediately she comes in. I wish I can get this on camera."

"Speaking of Kamso..."

"Oh, she'll be back soon. Lectures are over for today, she just went to buy some food stuff. How is school? Where will you be staying? How long?"

"Ah ahn? Ij, one after the other. Which one should I answer first?"

"Don't blame me oo. Three years is a long time o."

"School is fine and I'm staying with my aunt here in Nsukka. But I'll be going to Awka one of the days to see my family. Unfortunately, I'm here only for a week." She pouted and I nodded grimly. We talked some more until we heard someone singing.

"And it's my noisy best friend." Ij said rolling her eyes. I smiled when I recognized the song she was singing. Simi's Joromi. She hasn't changed, my black beauty.

"Joromi Joromi, I want you to love me." Strangely my heart started beating faster.

Her voice. To be here in person and hear her. When she came in, I took in her beauty. I loved this intelligent, slim black beauty. She stepped in and closed the door. Ij quickly ran over and covered her eyes.

"Ij, what are you doing?"

"There's a big surprise for you."

"Surprise ke? Ij there's little you can do right now to surprise me. Let's see, it's not my birthday, Mike is in Calabar, I still have a quiz tomorrow, I haven't gotten any random alert, my bank account is still as it is, if not lesser."

I couldn't hold it in anymore and I laughed. The way she just listed those things.

"Ij, what was that? Do you have a guy in the room?
Did you finally accept lkechukwu, I mean I know you obviously feel something for– "

lj removed her hands then and her eyes
locked with mine.

"Oh my God."She whispered and looked at lj and then back at me. She covered her mouth with her hands and screamed abi squealed. And she kept up screaming into her palms and jumping.