Chapter 40

Mike

"What of the 12 o'clock meeting Mr Achusi? The HOD said he wants you there before time to discuss the new project." I stopped for a while and then checked my wristwatch.

"Sure. Thank you Anna." My secretary bowed and I turned to walk into my office when her soft voice stopped me.

"Are you alright sir?" She said looking all over my face with concen written on her face.

"I'm fine Anna. Now get to work." I replied with a small smile pasted on my face. I removed my jacket and and cast it on the chair.

"So damn stubborn. How can someone be so annoying and so freaking provocative."

I remembered how l felt when Kamso and I talked the last time. I have never felt the strong urge to just shake some sense to anyone than I did with Kamso. I had just wanted to shake her so much until her head
was in the right place.

And at the same time, I had wanted to crush my lips against hers and kiss her senseless. She made me so angry sometimes, that I wanted to punch something when I left her house. Aswear nobody has ever aroused such strong feelings in me.

God I cannot believe I made her cry. What is wrong with me? I thought she was happier with my mum. Was she still uncomfortable?

I tried the first day after our argument to act tough, and not call her, but that lasted only a few hours.
I remember how puffy her face looked and knowing I caused it just just.. and now, I've called her a thousand times and she's still not picking up. Have you not punished me enough Kamso?

And why did I even mention the insecurity stuff. She just annoyed me so badly. I was still fuming until I saw her tears. It simply disarmed me.

"What the hell got into me?" I wondered how she must have felt. What have I done?

"Mike when did you start talking to yourself o0. And I even knocked three times?" I turned to see Obasi and I sighed. He held his hands up.

"Lemme guess. Kamso?" When I rolled my eyes, he shook his head. "I said it. So tell me, what is it this time around?"

Most of the times I felt reluctant to share things about Kamso and I but l've gotten to my wit's end. So I told him.

"So what you're saying, is that Kamso is not comfortable with Sophia."

"That's about it from what I could understand." I said.

"Have you ever stopped to think that she's right?"

"Of course you'll take her side."

"What are you talking about Mike? Of course I'll take her side."

"But the thing is, Sophia is really just a friend and that was a friendly innocent peck she gave me on the
cheek."

"Can you even listen to yourself Mike. Innocent peck, soon it will turn to innocent kiss or innocent sex. Besides, I think Kamso has every right to be angry, she's your fiancée."

"Exactly, that's my point Obasi. She's my fiancée, she should trust me enough to believe that I wouldn't just go and start something with Sophia. And she's comparing me with David and Samson in the Bible." Obasi burst out in laughter but sobered up quickly when I glared at him.

"And so what if she's feeling insecure? It's your responsibility to make her feel protected in the relationship. And because of one yeye girl, you've not talked to Kamso for two days. And you tell me it's an innocent peck."

"I understand what Kamso's talking about and where she's coming from, but does she understand me?"

"Then make her understand. You won't do that by not talking to her."