Chapter 44

Kamso

"God, I'm so happy you finally accepted him Kamso. I pray both of you will be very happy."

Muna chattered as we went through the pages of a fashion magazine trying to pick out designs for the bridal train. And maybe for my dress.

"It took you long enough shaa. But aswear if you don't treat my cousin well, you're going to have me to deal with." She continued, she was so happy even more than me you would actually think it was her wedding.

"You still don't want to call your family?" I still kept my face on the page but I wasn't seeing anything. I missed my family, but somehow didn't want to reconnect with them.

I talked to my mum a few months after I left and I still remember our conversation till now. She must be disappointed with me. She coughed and I looked up to see what she.

"Speaking of our groom." She whispered and Jay walked to me and snaked his hands around my waist from behind.

"Hey you." I whispered as he placed kisses on my neck. Everything was different with Jay, I didn't feel butterflies or tingles shooting down all the way to my spine but I feel something for him too. Like familiarity, like warmth and calm.

"How is it going?"

"It's going just fine lover boy. It would go even faster if you didn't interrupt us all the time." Muna grumbled and flipped through pages noisily.

"Don't mind her." I said looking at him, he chuckled and kissed me.

"I don't. My sister just arrived, I was hoping she could join you guys. But she's dead tired."

"Of course she has to rest. Don't even think of disturbing her again until she has perfectly rested." I frowned at him and he raised his hands in surrender still laughing.

"Alright. Mrs Uchechukwu to be." He pecked my lips and forehead, causing Muna to groan.

"I'm still here y'know."

"I know and I don't care." Then turning back to me, he put strands of hair behind my ear and kissed me again.

"I'll be leaving now."

"Take care." He nodded and pinched Muna's cheeks before leaving ignoring her cries of pain.

"I need me a husband that'll take care of me  like Jay does. I never imagined that at twenty six I would still be single." Muna complained.

"Twenty six is not very old. It's not old at all."

"It's not. When you have a man. Or any man at all in mind, just look at me. Single and still searching with no prospects." I rolled my eyes not willing to have that conversation with her at all.

"That man, whoever he is, must have a whole lot of patience to be able to put up with you friend. I think the Lord is still preparing him for the battle ahead." I said and She burst out into laughter but she knew it was the truth.

"I've found the perfect style." I leaned in to check out what she had and then pursed my lips in thought.

"I don't think so. It's too much don't you think? I was thinking of something more simple."

"Simplicity will be the death of you. I'm tired, let's go eat."she said and we left.

"You're happy Kamso. Aren't you?" She asked while we were trekking to the nearby eatery and enjoying the cool evening weather.

"I am happy. It's just overwhelming, how fast days are running by."

"Cold feet?" She asked and I just shrugged.