Chapter 53

Kamso

Another day, another morning message. It wasn't just the morning ones, he just leaves sweet messages all around. We were trying to be friends, we talk and tease each other but I couldn't ignore the attraction.

Sometimes though I wish I can just stay and see what happens but I really don't want to start anything with Mike. I smiled and put the paper down. Why was he writing these to me. My phone rang and I turned it to see my lawyer's  name on the screen.

"Kamso, it's John."

"Yes. Good morning" there was some noise
at the other end.

"Good morning. Sleep well?

"Yes I did. Is anything the matter?" I asked wondering why he called this early in the morning. Well, it wasn't so early shaa. 9:30am.

"You do know how I told you earlier that how fast you get a divorce depends on how willing your husband is to negotiate?"

"Yes, why?"

"It's going fast enough since you insist that you don't want anything from him and the two of you have no children or landed properties to share or any joint ownership of anything at all."

"John what are you driving at?"

"Jacob is refusing to give you a divorce. In fact he's hired his own lawyer and they're insisting that you're present in our meetings."

My happy mood disappeared like that and I sat on the couch.

"So what does that mean for me?""

"Well for one, I don't want you to fret at all. I've handled a lot of these cases and Jacob has no reason not to sign the papers. I talked to his lawyer, and we agreed to meet up."I nodded and tapped the handrest.

"I know l promised you that you won't ever have to see that fool again but just this once."

"Ok. And you're sure that you can get him to agree?"

"Of course, trust me. So how is next week Tuesday for you?"

"It's fine... It's fine."

"Ok.

"I'll see you then. And don't worry about a thing, you'll be fine."

I nodded and smiled "Thank you John."

"I'm just doing my job."

"You know what I mean."

His booming voice resounded in a laugh "I do. You're welcome dear." I ended the call and sighed.

Why is Jacob doing this? It's not like we were happy together, why won't he just let me be. I thought of calling Mike but after I dialed his number, I decided against it. I ended the call but he called back almost
immediately. And I sighed before picking his call.

"I'm sorry I wanted to call Ij and mistakenly
called your number."

"Chikamso talk to me. You can't just mistakenly call me." I smiled and rolled my eyes. I don't know the last time I heard him call my full name but I'm loving it.

"Fine you caught me. I missed you and I wanted to hear your voice." there was silence on the other end.

"You called to hear my voice." I know I should be cringing by now but something told me that he loved that I'd called.

"Yes, is there something wrong with that?"

"No, no.. nothing at all." again there was this bone chilling silence and it was unlike Michael to be quiet.