Chapter 24

Mike

"I'll go have a chat with your principal ok?"

"Sure mum." I looked around at the school and it was buzzing with activity. Visiting days were normally like that.

"So which one of these girls is Chikamso?" Amaka said looking at some group of girls

"She's not here. How is school?"

"You didn't even look." I looked around even though I knew Chikamso was not there, just to pacify my sister. Knowing Kamso, she's probably reading.

"She's not here. How is Joseph?"

"That yeye boy? Abeg leave that one, let's talk about more important things." I nodded slowly with a knowing smile.

My sister, is a hopeless romantic. She must have had like hundreds of boyfriends. I'm just exaggerating.

"I thought you said he was the one. The reason you smile." I teased.

"Shut up. I never said that."

"Yes, you did. If I remember correctly, you said that one's eyes never lie and in his eyes you saw stars shining so brightly-"

"It's enough. You'd use every opportunity you find to tease me."

"What are brothers for?"I said laughing with her.

My laughter ceased when I saw Kamso hugging a guy tightly in the middle of the school. When he released her she hugged another one and another still. They were passing her around.

"Judging from the look on your face, she's Kamso?" Amaka asked and I nodded.

"Her brothers?"

I looked at them again and this time, Kaima had joined them. What was I thinking? She told me she had three elder brothers. Of course they were her brothers, I cannot believe I was jealous of her hugging her brothers. What is wrong with me?

"Yeah, they're her brothers."

"I never took you for the jealous type. But then it's the first time l'm seeing my baby brother in a relationship." She cooed.

"I wasn't jealous, She's my girlfriend."

"Exactly Mike, she's your girlfriend. You shouldn't be jealous, plus when you get jealous it shows that you don't trust her."

"I trust her." I really did. But sometimes, seeing Kamso with other boys aroused this feeling and I don't like it. I know very much that Kamso likes me but...

"Then why get jealous? If it helps, when you see her with other people and you feel that the jealousy is surfacing, remind yourself that she likes you."

"This is the first time you ever said something meaningful." I teased her.

"Anyway, I'm going to have a talk with my future sister in-law." She stood and smoothed her skirt.

"Amaka" I warned but she just ignored me and walked towards Kamso.

I went back to my phone, but kept an eye on them still. She said something to her and Kamso smiled, then she turned and pointed at me. Only God knows what she's saying,

Amaka's POV:

When I finally got to where Kamso was, I was marveled. Why? Upclose, she looked so young, Like no pimple kind of young. This is why my brother was so crazy, she was beautiful I had to admit.

"Kamso?" She turned to me with a smile on her face. Cute. She looked as if she was trying to remember me.

"No, you don't know me. At least not yet." She nodded