Chapter 48

Kamso

"I won't be back early today hon." I informed Jay as I applied my make up.

"When are you even here? You don't need to tell me, since you'd just go and do whatever you want. It's like I'm not even married to you."

Please not this morning. I thought ignoring him. He walked to the dressing mirror and stood behind me, I looked up and our eyes locked.

"Why are you dressed like this? Who are you dressing up for?"

"Honey, I'm late for work. I don't have time to chat."

"It's seven o'clock Kamso, it's not like work starts that early. Are you meeting up with someone? You never put on this amount of make up. Who are you meeting? I ignored him and kept on powdering my cheeks. If anything, I knew better not to provoke him.

"Answer me. Who are you dressing up for?" I noticed how hard he gripped the chair from the miror.

"I'm not dressing up for anyone. I'm going to work Jay, and I'm putting on this amount of make up because someone decided to use my face as a punch bag yesterday. You don't expect me to walk all over the place with a messed up face do you?" I bit out getting angry myself.

We stared at each other through the miror for sometime and his frown deepened, What now?
"I don't like the top you're wearing. Change it."

He turned and walked away. I looked down at
the top I had on and shook my head. There was nothing wrong with it.

"I'm not changing anything" I said and he froze to the spot.

"Excuse me?" Our eyes met again.

"You heard me." I looked away from him and started applying lipstick. He laughed and ran his finger through his hair.

"It's too early for this." I muttered and picked
my handbag.

"I'll see you later." I gathered my make up kit and shoved it in my handbag making for the door when he held me back by my wrist.

"Let go of me Jacob."

"Why do you disobey me?"

"Why do I disobey you? Listen to yourself once will you? I'm your wife! I'm not some house help you order around."

"I won't say it again Kamso. Take off the top."

"You're hurting me." I wrung my hand from his, but his tight grip only made it worse.

"I won't repeat myself."

"Or what? You'll hit me like you always do? What? bang me around until you're satisfied?"

He merely held the shirt by the collar and drew me close to him "Stop infuriating me in this house Kamso. And stop challenging my authority." He ripped the cloth in two halves and took it off me.

Then he pulled me roughly against him and crushed his lips against mine. I whined in protest and tried to push him off but that seemed to anger him more as he bit down on my bottom lip and pulled my hair so hard I thought my scalp was going to come off too.

He released me and walked out of the room. I walked to my closet and looked for something to wear. 7:30 am. I was late for work. I finally settled for a blue gown an inch or two above the knee in length. I touched up my make up again before leaving the house not sparing him a look.

                      ********************

"Girlfriend you look hot!" Maya my colleague and friend shouted when I entered the building. I shushed her when our HOD walked in too.