POA 14

I'm sat with the golden trio talking about Buckbeak when Hermione finally speaks.

"He sent me this," She holds out a letter. Harry took it from her. The parchment was damp, and enormous teardrops had smudged the ink so badly in places that it was very difficult to read.

Dear Hermione, We lost. I'm allowed to bring him back to Hogwarts. Execution date to be fixed. Beaky has enjoyed London. I won't forget all the help you and Rory gave us. Hagrid

"They can't do this," Harry spat out. "They can't. Buckbeak isn't dangerous."

"Malfoy's dad's frightened the Committee into it," Hermione said, wiping her eyes. "You know what he's like. They're a bunch of doddery old fools, and they were scared. There'll be an appeal, though, there always is. Only I can't see any hope. Nothing will have changed."

"One thing might change" I say making them look at me.

"I know that look Rory, what are you planning" Harry looks at me concerned.

"Keep an eye on Draco Malfoy" I say standing up and leaving to find the twins. I find them sat with Lee in the corner of the common room.

"Hello Rory. To what do we owe the pleasure" Fred says finally looking up at me "What happened"

"Draco Malfoy happened. Buckbeak's going to be executed because of that ferret. So whatever you lot have planned aim it all at him please" They all nod as I walk off, not entirely sure where to go until I end up outside Moony's office. The door opens as I go to knock revealing Snape about to leave.

"What are you doing here Potter" He snarls at me.

"Is that really any of your business. Am I knocking on your office door. No didn't think so"

"You will watch that mouth of yours. Exactly like your father oh how I hoped you would of been more like your mother"

"That's just because you were in love with her and she didn't love you back" I spit out angrily. Moony appears behind him watching us.

"Detention Potter tomorrow evening. Do you want me to repeat that for you"

"Not really I ignored it perfectly fine the first time"

"Detention tomorrow"

"Yeah I won't be there just so you know in advance" He glares at me before leaving. Moony opens his office door letting me in before closing the door behind us and opening his arms for me. I start crying as he wraps his arms around me.

"I heard what happened just then and I've heard about Buckbeak. Are you doing okay?" He says stroking the back of my head, all I do is shake my head in reply.

"Hey Uncle Moony. I just realised I got angry and upset and didn't lose control" I manage to say pulling away from him, wiping my tears with my sleeve as he hands me a tissue.

"You did indeed Rory. I am so proud of you. If anything I'm surprised you didn't attach Professor Snape after the comment about your father" He smiles at me slightly.

"So am I" I hug him again "I don't know why I came here if I'm being honest. I felt upset and the first person I thought of was you and well here I am"

"If I was to take a guess you see me as a safe person Aurora. Someone you can be yourself around without being scared"

"You are my safe person. I don't know what I would do without you Moony"

"I'm not going anywhere Rory you're stuck with your Uncle Moony from now on" I smile at this as he starts making us a cup of tea each.

It was the day of the Quidditch final, as I sat in the Great hall I noticed everyone start to clap as the Gryffindor team enter except the Slytherin table who hissed loudly. As Ollie sat down beside me he pulled me to him placing his lips on mine as everyone started cheering whilst the twins wolf whistled making me blush and want to murder them.