GOF 6

We were soon caught up in the crowds now flooding out of the stadium and back to their campsites. Raucous singing was borne toward us on the night air as we retraced our steps along the lantern-lit path, and leprechauns kept shooting over our heads, cackling and waving their lanterns reminding me a bit of Peeves. When we finally reached the tents, nobody felt like sleeping at all, and given the level of noise around them, Mr. Weasley agreed that we could all have one last cup of cocoa together before turning in. Everyone was soon arguing enjoyably about the match; Mr. Weasley got drawn into a disagreement about cobbing with Charlie, and it was only when Ginny fell asleep right at the tiny table and spilled hot chocolate all over the floor that Mr. Weasley called a halt to the verbal replays and insisted that everyone go to bed. Me, Hermione and Ginny went into the next tent. As Hermione and Ginny got changed and in bed I grabbed one of the sleeping potions deciding whether to take it or not. The thought of being in such an open place resulted in me not taking it so I grabbed the book I had in my bag and started reading whilst Ginny and Hermione went to sleep.

From the other side of the campsite I could still hear much singing and the odd echoing bang. A little while later Charlie came running in our tent.

"Charlie what's wrong"

"Nova help me wake them quickly it's urgent" He moved to Ginny whilst I woke Hermione.

"Whats going on" Hermione said opening her eyes.

"Come on get up it's urgent grab a jacket and get outside - quickly!" Charlie grabbed my hand pulling me outside. Some floating people were suddenly illuminated as they passed over a burning tent it looked like a family there was a man, woman and children. One of the marchers below flipped the woman upside down with his wand; her nightdress fell down to reveal voluminous drawers and she struggled to cover herself up as the crowd below her screeched and hooted with glee. Charlie held my hand tightly pulling me closer to him

"That's sick," Ron muttered, watching the smallest Muggle child, who had begun to spin like a top, sixty feet above the ground, his head flopping limply from side to side. "That is really sick" Hermione and Ginny came hurrying toward us, pulling coats over their nightdresses, with Mr. Weasley right behind them. At the same moment, Bill and Percy emerged from the boys' tent, fully dressed, with their sleeves rolled up and their wands out.

"We're going to help the Ministry!" Mr. Weasley shouted over all the noise, rolling up his own sleeves. "You lot - get into the woods, and stick together. I'll come and fetch you when we've sorted this out!" Bill and Percy were already sprinting away toward the oncoming marchers; Mr. Weasley tore after them. Charlie turned to me quickly.

"You need to hide don't try to help. If they find out about you you'll be in danger. Don't use your powers unless you really have to Nova"

"But I can help Charlie"

"No Nova I need you safe please just go" He said before running to help. Ministry wizards were dashing from every direction toward the source of the trouble. The crowd beneath the family was coming ever closer.

"C'mon," Fred said, grabbing Ginny's hand and starting to pull her toward the wood. We all followed. Looking back as we reached the trees. The crowd beneath the family was larger than ever; they could see the Ministry wizards trying to get through it to the hooded wizards in the center, but they were having great difficulty. It looked as though they were scared to perform any spell that might make the family fall. The coloured lanterns that had lit the path to the stadium had been extinguished. Dark figures were blundering through the trees; children were crying; anxious shouts and panicked voices were reverberating around them in the cold night air. Then I heard Ron yell with pain.

"What happened?" said Hermione anxiously, stopping so abruptly that Harry walked into her. "Ron, where are you? Oh this is stupid - lumos!" She illuminated her wand and directed its narrow beam across the path. Ron was lying sprawled on the ground.