HBP 9

We ended up staying at the Burrow after the wedding until after Christmas seeing as we both had the time off. The twins were also staying. I was on Fred back as he walked into the kitchen because why walk if you don't have to. 

"Yeah, well, passing over Fred's left buttock" Harry said as we walked into the kitchen.

"I beg your pardon?" Fred said. "Aaah, George, Rory, look at this. They're using knives and everything. Bless them." 

"I'll be seventeen in two and a bit months' time," Ron said  grumpily, "and then I'll be able to do it by magic!" 

"But meanwhile," George said, sitting down at the kitchen table and putting his feet up on it, "we can enjoy watching you demonstrate the correct use of a whoops-a-daisy!" 

"You made me do that!" Ron said angrily, sucking his cut thumb as Fred lowered me down. "You wait, when I'm seventeen" 

"I'm sure you'll dazzle us all with hitherto unsuspected magical skills," yawned Fred. 

"And speaking of hitherto unsuspected skills, Ronald," George said, "what is this we hear from Ginny about you and a young lady called unless our information is faulty Lavender Brown?" Ron turned a little pink, but did not look displeased as he turned back to the sprouts. 

"Mind your own business." 

"Aww does little Ronald have a girlfriend" I smirk.

"Shouldn't you be with your new husband" 

"What a snappy retort," Fred said. "I really don't know how you think of them. No, what we wanted to know was how did it happen?" 

"What d'you mean?"

"Did she have an accident or something?"

"What?" 

"Well, how did she sustain such extensive brain damage? Careful, now!" Mrs. Weasley entered the room just in time to see Ron throw the sprout knife at Fred, who had turned it into a paper airplane with one lazy flick of his wand. 

"Ron!" she said furiously. "Don't you ever let me see you throwing knives again!" 

"I won't," Ron said, "let you see," he added under his breath, as he turned back to the sprout mountain. 

"Fred, George, I'm sorry, dears, but Remus is arriving tonight, so Bill and Charlie will have to squeeze in with you two." 

"How about we take Rory and Bill and Charlie go with Harry and Ron" George said. 

"Rory will be in with Ginny as well as Fleur" 

"that'll make Ginny's Christmas" Fred muttered as I tried not to laugh. 

"everyone should be comfortable. Well, they'll have a bed, anyway," Mrs. Weasley said, sounding slightly harassed. 

"Percy definitely not showing his ugly face, then?" Fred asked. Mrs. Weasley turned away before she answered. 

"No, he's busy, I expect, at the Ministry." 

"Or he's the world's biggest prat," Fred said, as Mrs. Weasley left the kitchen. "One of the two. Well, let's get going, then, Rory, George."

"What are you 3 up to?" Ron asked. "Can't you help us with these sprouts? You could just use your wand and then we'll be free too!"

"No, I don't think we can do that," I said seriously. 

"It's very character-building stuff, learning to peel sprouts without magic, makes you appreciate how difficult it is for Muggles and Squibs" Fred said.