GOF 19

After waking and getting ready for classes I write Charlie a quick good morning message before heading down to meet the twins to go to breakfast. After a quick and boring breakfast, we headed to Transfigurations with good old Minnie.

"Will you four please pay attention" She shouts at me, Lee and the twins.

"Sorry Minnie" She ignores what I called her and continues with the lesson.

"The Yule Ball is approaching a traditional part of the Triwizard Tournament and an opportunity for us to socialize with our foreign guests. Now, the ball will be open only to fourth years and above although you may invite a younger student if you wish" McGonagall started at the end of the lesson. "Dress robes will be worn," Professor McGonagall continued "and the ball will start at eight o'clock on Christmas Day, finishing at midnight in the Great Hall. Now then" She stared deliberately around the class. "The Yule Ball is of course a chance for us all to let our hair down," she said, in a disapproving voice. "But that does NOT mean that we will be relaxing the
standards of behaviour we expect from Hogwarts students. I will be most seriously displeased if a Gryffindor student embarrasses the school in any way." The bell rang, and there was the usual scuffle of activity as everyone packed their bags and swung them onto their shoulders.

"You look supper excited at the news of a ball my dear Aurora" George says as he throws an arm around my shoulder. I glare at him.

"I think I'd rather have a date with the giant squid"

"I would say does Charlie know how you feel about the giant squid but he'd probably allow it you know him and his animals" we both laugh as I jump on his back making him carry me back to the common room.

We head into the common room where Harry, Ron and Hermione are sat at a table. It looks like Hermione's telling Harry off about something as we walk over. George drops me gently.

"Ron, can we borrow Pigwidgeon?" George asked.

"No, he's off delivering a letter," Ron said. "Why?"

"Because George wants to invite him to the ball," Fred said sarcastically.

"Because we want to send a letter, you stupid great prat," George said.

"You can use Phoenix" I say to the twins.

"Thank you Rory" George says smiling at me. I know this is about Bagman avoiding them still over their winnings.

"Who d'you two keep writing to, eh?" Ron asked.

"Nose out, Ron, or I'll burn it for you" Fred said, waving his wand threateningly. "So you lot got dates for the ball yet?"

"Nope," Ron said.

"Well, you'd better hurry up, mate, or all the good ones will be gone,"

"Who're you going with, then?"

"Angelina," Fred said promptly, without a trace of embarrassment.

"What?" Ron said, taken aback. "You've already asked her?"

"Good point," Fred said making me roll my eyes at him. He turned his head and called across the common room, "Oy! Angelina!" Angelina, who had been chatting with Alicia Spinnet near the fire, looked over at him.

"What?" she called back.

"Want to come to the ball with me?" Angelina gave Fred an appraising sort of look. Although I know she's probably screaming inside her head from her small crush on Fred.

"All right, then," she said, and she turned back to Alicia and carried on chatting with a bit of a grin on her face.

"There you go," Fred said to Harry and Ron, "piece of cake."