GOF 22

One of the issues with the aftermath of the second task was that everybody was very keen to hear details of what had happened down in the lake, which meant that I was getting to share Harry's limelight no matter how much i tried to avoid it. I started making Fred and George act like walls again so people left me alone. People had been teasing Hermione so much about being the thing that Viktor Krum would most miss that she was in a rather tetchy mood.

As we entered March the weather became drier, but cruel winds skinned my hands and face every time I went out onto the grounds making training my powers awful. There were delays in the post because the owls kept being blown off course. I'd sent Pads and Moony the date for the next Hogsmeade visit with Phoenix and she'd returned at breakfast on Friday morning with half her feathers sticking up the wrong way. I took the reply from her leg as she held it out before passing her some food from my plate.

Will meet you and Harry at the three broomsticks at 12

Love pads

I lean towards Harry passing him the note. He nods before going back to his breakfast.

Later in the common room I noticed Hermione looking unhappy.

"You okay Hermione?" I ask taking a seat beside her.

"Not really" she hands me a copy of the magazine Witch Weekly. There was an article with a colour photograph of Harry headed a short piece entitled:

Harry Potter's Secret Heartache
A boy like no other, perhaps - yet a boy suffering all the usual pangs of adolescence, writes Rita Skeeter. Deprived of love since the tragic demise of his parents, fourteen-year-old Harry Potter thought he had found solace in his steady girlfriend at Hogwarts, Muggle-born Hermione Granger. Little did he know that he would shortly be suffering yet another emotional blow in a life already littered with personal loss. Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to have a taste for famous wizards that Harry alone cannot satisfy. Since the arrival at Hogwarts of Viktor Krum, Bulgarian Seeker and hero of the last World Quidditch Cup, Miss Granger has been toying with both boys' affections. Krum, who is openly smitten with the devious Miss Granger, has already invited her to visit him in Bulgaria over the summer holidays, and insists that he has "never felt this way about any other girl." Maybe miss Granger takes inspiration from Mr Potters very own sister who despite her physical flaws after an encounter with a werewolf resulting in a horrible scratch on her neck seems to be seeing three different boys from the same family. Miss Potter was seen kissing a Mr Charles Weasley during the first task for which he had brought over the dragons before going to the ball with one of his twin brothers sources say it was Mr George Weasley and finally she was seen getting cozy with the oldest of the Weasley children Mr William Weasley after the second task. However, it might not be Miss Granger's doubtful natural charms that have captured these unfortunate boys' interest. "She's really ugly," says Pansy Parkinson, a pretty and vivacious fourth-year student, "but she'd be well up to making a Love Potion, she's quite brainy. I think that's how she's doing it. Probably learnt it from the uglier looking Potter" Love Potions are, of course, banned at Hogwarts, and no doubt Albus Dumbledore will want to investigate these claims. In the meantime, Harry Potter's well-wishers must hope that, next time, he bestows his heart on a worthier candidate.

"That Skeeter woman has gone too far" Hermione spits out as I continue to reread the article. "Rory you okay" I hand her the magazine back before heading out of the common room to my safe space needing to release some of my power before it builds up. Why had she wrote about me like that, I know Hermione had upset her but why bring me into it. I knew what was going to happen now, I was going to go back to getting the stares and whispers everywhere I went. As I walk I feel like someone's watching me, looking around I don't see anyone so I continue walking getting lost in thought again as I reach the clearing. Taking a seat on the ground in the middle as I feel a tear fall. Why does what she wrote bother me so much? I know the truth about the Weasleys so why does it matter? The answer to that is simple I can't deal with the stares and whispers about me again they've only just stopped and now they'll be worse and also be about some of my best friends. Looking down at my hands I notice the slight purple glow from all my emotions as I slowly let it out allowing it to surround me like a shield before I turn it all into a ball and aim it at one of the rocks in the clearing as it explodes. I stay for a while throwing more balls of my power until every rock is destroyed but it doesn't make me feel any better. I sit back down and just cry, overwhelmed. After a while I head back up to the Gryffindor tower ignoring the twins as I head straight for my dorm and close the curtains around my bed eventually managing to fall asleep.

I wake before the others and quickly grab my clothes that consist of my usual ripped jeans, converse, hoody and leather jacket before heading to the bathroom to get ready. I braid my hair to one side to cover my neck for the first time in a while needing to cover it before applying a bit of makeup to cover the tiredness and the obvious signs of me crying before heading down to the common room before we head to Hogsmeade. As I sit on the sofa in front of the fire I don't hear George until he's sat down next to me making me jump slightly.

"What's going on Rory. You looked upset yesterday" I continue to just stare at the fire not looking up at him.

"Nothing important" I know I'm shutting them out again but I can't seem to help it.

"We both know that's a lie don't we"

"Drop it George"

"Fine just remember I'm here and so is Fred you can talk to us. Come on lets go to breakfast" he stands holding his hand out for me before pulling me up as Fred appears from the boys dorm.

"Morning"

"Morning Freddie" I say as he walks over putting an arm around my shoulder as we walk.

"How is everyone on this fine morning"

"You are so weird sometime Fred did you know that"

"I did thank you Rory" we both laugh as we walk to the Great Hall passing a group of Slytherins.

"Oh look maybe it's not just one of the twins maybe it's both" I hear one of then say and by the voice I know it's Pansy Parkinson "I mean look at her there's no way she could get them without the help of a love potion" I look down as we continue walking shrugging Fred's arm off me as I walk in front missing the look the twins send each other.

We sit towards the middle of the table, the twins loading their plates as I grab a coffee not feeling very hungry.

"Come of Ror you need some food even if its just some toast. Its obvious what the Slytherins said bothered you so what's going on" Fred says as he hands me a piece of buttered toast. I take it from him placing it on my plate and pulling it apart putting the odd bit in my mouth to shut him up.

"Doesn't matter" I mutter as Harry, Ron and Hermione walk in sitting beside us.

"You okay Rory I haven't seen you since yesterday"

"I'm fine Hermione" she raises her brow at me but drops it placing her breakfast on her plate. I notice Fred and George look at her and then me but they don't say anything.