GOF 9

There was a definite end-of-the-holidays gloom in the air when everyone awoke the next morning. Heavy rain was still splattering against the window as I got dressed in jeans and a hoody I'd robbed from Charlie placing my leather jacket over the top after braiding my hair to cover my neck. As I stepped out of Ginnys room I was quickly grabbed by Charlie and dragged into his room.

"Morning Nova that's a nice jumper"

"It's mine now" I smirk at him.

"Why are you covering your neck I thought you was okay finally with showing it" he looked at me with concern.

"I'm going back to school Charlie that's a huge difference from you and your family"

"Don't hide who you are Nova"

"You know I love you right" I say changing the subject.

"No I think I need you to show me again" he smiles at me leaning closer.

"Oh is that so" I place my lips on his as his hand go to the back of my head deepening the kiss. We jump apart at the sound of a cough behind us, turning to find Bill grinning at us.

"What do we have here then"

"Shut it pillock"

"Told you didn't I Rory"

"Told me what Bill" he just winks at me before leaving. I turn back to Charlie. "Your brothers a pain in the arse just so you know"

"I know but it's fine, Bill won't tell anyone" we were officially together but had decided to keep it quiet for a while because of it being so new. Charlie gives me another quick kiss before we leave his room and head downstairs.

"Arthur!" Mrs Weasley calls up the staircase. "Arthur! Urgent message from the Ministry!"
When Harry and the others entered the kitchen, Mrs. Weasley is rummaging anxiously in the drawers "I've got a quill here somewhere!" and Mr. Weasley bending over the fire, talking to Amos Diggory's head which was sitting in the middle of the flames like a large, bearded egg. It was talking very fast, completely unperturbed by the sparks flying around it and the flames licking its ears.

"Don't worry Harry you're not mad" I tell him as he sits beside me at the table. Charlie sat on my other side his hand resting on my thigh.

"Muggle neighbours heard bangs and shouting, so they went and called those what-d'you-call- 'ems - please-men. Arthur, you've got to get over there" Mr Diggory says.

"Here!" said Mrs. Weasley breathlessly, pushing a piece of parchment, a bottle of ink, and a crumpled quill into Mr. Weasley's hands.

"it's a real stroke of luck I heard about it," said Mr. Diggory's head. "I had to come into the office early to send a couple of owls, and I found the Improper Use of Magic lot all setting off if Rita Skeeter gets hold of this one, Arthur "

"What does Mad-Eye say happened?" asked Mr. Weasley, unscrewing the ink bottle, loading up his quill, and preparing to take notes. Mr. Diggory's head rolled its eyes.
"Says he heard an intruder in his yard. Says he was creeping toward the house, but was ambushed by his dustbins."

"What did the dustbins do?" asked Mr. Weasley, scribbling frantically.

"Made one hell of a noise and fired rubbish everywhere, as far as I can tell," said Mr. Diggory. "Apparently one of them was still rocketing around when the pleasemen turned up " Mr. Weasley groaned.

"And what about the intruder?"

"Arthur, you know Mad-Eye," said Mr. Diggory's head, rolling its eyes again. "Someone creeping into his yard in the dead of night? More likely there's a very shell-shocked cat wandering around somewhere, covered in potato peelings. But if the Improper Use of Magic lot get their hands on Mad-Eye, he's had it think of his record we've got to get him off on a minor charge, something in your department what are exploding dustbins worth?"