DH 9

Bill and Fleur's cottage stood alone on a cliff overlooking the sea, its walls embedded with shells and white-washed. It was both a lonely and beautiful place. Wherever you went inside the tiny cottage or its garden, you could hear the constant ebb and flow of the sea, like the breathing of some great, slumbering creature. I sat outside just watching the sea as the waves crashed against the cliffs, my thoughts taking me back to malfoy manor.

"Rory" I jump as Bill sits beside me. "Sorry didn't mean to scare you"

"Don't worry about it, it's pretty much all I do at the moment"

"You okay"

"Yeah just thinking that's all"

"What about"

"Just everything that happened at malfoy manor and about Charlie" I avoid his eyes as I continue to look at the sea.

"What about Charlie" Bill asks looking at me.

"Doesn't matter"

"Come on you can talk to me"

"I just feel like he needs someone better than me"

"What makes you say that Rory"

"Every time he touches me, I flinch and I shouldn't. He doesn't deserve that, a wife that flinched every time her husband touches her"

"Rory, you need to stop thinking like that. You got back a week ago after 9 months of torture. No one is expecting you to get over that in a matter of days least of all Charlie. He loves you and he knows the flinching and the jumping isn't because of him" I rest my head on his shoulder. "Have you spoken to Charlie about how you're feeling"

"No, I don't want to worry him more than he already is"

"Don't do that, don't try and shut him out just so he doesn't worry. You need to talk to him about this"

"I don't know how I feel anymore. I don't know if I'm scared or angry or just numb"

"I think you're all of those things Rory. You still haven't come to terms with what happened and until you do you won't know what you feel and that's fine, you need to take time to recover from it" The door opens behind us as I jump again from the sudden noise.

"Sorry Nova" I look up at Charlie as Bill gets up and walks towards the door. He places a quick hand on Charlie's shoulder before walking in. Charlie sits down where Bill had been sat before as I lean into him, he wraps and arm around me pulling me into him more. "What's on your mind"

"Just that I'm sick of being scared, I want to go back to how I was before. No flinching every time you touch me, no jumping at random noises"

"You'll get there baby, it's just going to take time and I'm going to be here every step of the way"

"What did I do to deserve you" I smile at him as he places a kiss on the top of my head.

"I think the same thing everytime I look at you"