POA 15

Now the Quidditch Cup was finished it meant one thing. Exams. Everywhere you looked there were people revising even Fred and George to my surprise. I spent some of my free time helping Ollie with his revision or in the library doing extra revision for my exams. Hermione joined me anytime I was in the library whereas my brother was doing very minimal revision with Ron.

After my final exam I found Harry, Ron and Hermione who had just had Moony's exam. Ron was still slightly inclined to laugh at Hermione's boggart of McGonagall telling her she'd failed everything, but an argument was averted by the sight that met them on the top of the steps. Cornelius Fudge, sweating slightly in his pinstriped cloak, was standing there staring out at the grounds. He started at the sight of Harry. "Hello there, Harry and Aurora!" he said. "Just had exams, I expect? Nearly finished?"

"Yes," Harry said as I nodded. Hermione and Ron, not being on speaking terms with the Minister of Magic, were hovering awkwardly in the background.

"Lovely day," Fudge said casting an eye over the lake."Pity... pity..." He sighed deeply and looked down at Harry and me. "I'm here on an unpleasant mission, Harry, Aurora. The Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures required a witness to the execution of a mad hippogriff. As I needed to visit Hogwarts to check on the Black situation, I was asked to step in."

"Does that mean the appeal's already happened?" Ron interrupted, stepping forward.

"No, no, it's scheduled for this afternoon," said Fudge, looking curiously at Ron.

"Then you might not have to witness an execution at all!" Ron said stoutly. "The hippogriff might get off!" Ron would you shut up he could fire your dad. Before Fudge could answer, two wizards came through the castle doors behind him. One was so ancient he appeared to be withering before their very eyes; the other was tall and strapping, with a thin back moustache. I gathered that they were representatives of the Committee for the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures, because tie very old wizard squinted toward Hagrid's cabin and said in a feeble voice,

"Dear, dear, I'm getting too old for this. Two o'clock, isn't it, Fudge?" The black-mustached man was fingering something in his belt, looking down I saw that he was running one broad thumb along the blade of axe. Ron opened his mouth to say something, but Hermione nudged him hard in the ribs and jerked her head toward the entrance hall. Thank god for that.

"Why'd you stop me?" said Ron angrily as we entered the Great Hall for lunch. "Did you see them? They've even got the axe ready! This isn't justice!" I agreed with Ron on this.

"Ron, your dad works for the Ministry, you can't go saying things likethat to his boss!" Hermione said, but she too looked very upset. "As long as Hagrid keeps his head this time, and argue, hi case properly,they can't possibly execute Buckbeak" But it was obvious Hermione didn't really believe what she was saying. All around us, people were talking excitedly as they ate their lunch,happily anticipating the end of the exams that afternoon. Harry, Ron and Hermione all had one more exam each so I decided to go see Hagrid and give him the picture and update on Norberta Charlie had sent once the hearing was finished.

Knocking on Hagrid door I waited for it to open.

"Hey Hagrid. How'd it go" I ask already knowing the answer.

"He lost. Being executed at sunset"

"Oh Hagrid. I'm so sorry, sit down I'll make the tea" He takes a seat whilst I get started on the tea.

"Thank you Aurora" As I wait for the kettle I hand Hagrid the photos and letter from Charlie.

"That's from Charlie. Asked him for an update on Norbert although Norberts actually a Norberta" Hagrid laughs slightly as he takes the letter whilst I finish the tea placing a cup in front of him.