two

Despite hating going to school and being surrounded by people he hates, Sunoo is top of all his classes. Well, almost all. He shares top in English with Sunghoon. The two boys have an on going rivalry over who gets the best marks in their essays and exams. However, overtime this bickering became much more constant causing Sunoo's hatred to grow more and more. From what was just a couple of sly comments about grades dropping became the boys constantly violating each other in some of the cruelest ways.

"Sunoo? SUNOO..." a voice called.

Finally, Sunoo opened his eyes and realised he had just fallen asleep in class. How embarrassing. He really doesn't sleep enough.

"Well now sleeping beauty is up, tell me Sunoo. How do you work out this equation." His teacher questioned.

Luckily for Sunoo, falling asleep in class doesn't bother him as he gets up and confidently solves the equation to which he gets the right answer.

"Well done Sunoo, next time try and sleep more so you stay awake in lessons okay." The professor kindly said.

The rest of Sunoo's day played out in a similar way to how maths did.

Lunch had just finished and sunoo realised he was about to have the most dreaded lesson of the day, English. In all honesty, English was probably one of the boys favourite subjects but he just can not stand Park Sunghoon.

He enters the classroom, relieved to see that Sunghoon was not in his seat yet. Much to the annoyance of Sunoo, the two boys sit next to each other so he really has no chance of avoiding him. The black-haired boy sits down and reads his book for a couple minutes whilst waiting for the teacher to turn up.

Finally, the moment he had been the most worried for, Sunghoon entered the class.

"Hello shorty" The blonde haired said, insulting Sunoo.

"Park." Sunoo replied back bluntly.

"YAH DON'T CALL ME PARK. THATS DISRESP-" Sunghoon began but quickly stopped when noticing that all eyes were suddenly on the pair. Luckily for them, the teacher walks in causing the attention to focus on him.

"Afternoon class, firstly, I have your essays from last week to hand back to you. I also have an exciting task for today but I'll hand out your work first."

Sunghoon and Sunoo gave each other dirty looks whilst sitting in anticipation for their results. Sunoo was full of anxiety, worried he might have scored lower than Sunghoon because that would mean the boy bragging at him any chance he got. Mr Namjoon finally reached the two boys to give back their essays and by his look he knew the two would end up arguing.

The boys thanked the teacher before turning over their essays to see the mark. All eyes had turned towards the boys, Sunoo finds these moments are where he only ever gets some attention. Majority of his school life he is only ever acknowledged by his two best friends and occasionally Sunghoon who will give a sly comment.

"3...2....1..." Sunoo says in his mind before looking at his mark. The black-haired boy's face brightens seeing his mark knowing he only dropped one mark due to some small grammatical errors.

"Shorty. What did you get?" The blonde-haired asked, his face full of smugness.

"And why is that your business?" Sunoo replied smirking.

"Only failures would say that" Sunghoon says earning a smack from the younger.

"OWWW." He wails dramatically.

"Shut up you drama queen. Anyway I got 97%" Sunoo replies, his voice full of pride.

"Oh." The older boy replies.

"Oh what? You can't make me expose myself and then not do it yourself. So annoying." The black-haired says full of annoyance.

"I got the same." Sunghoon replies annoyed that he scored the same as his rival. The two had been neck and neck with their marks for the past 3 essays and it was starting to drive him insane.

"Oh. Well whatever, im still better than you" Sunoo says confidently.

"Hmmm I wouldn't be so sure about that. Isn't that right class, I am way better at English than shorty over here." Sunghoon announces.

"Yup" "agreed" "Mhm" "yes" the entire group all sided with Sunghoon much to the annoyance and embarrassment of Sunoo.

The black-haired boy couldn't help it as his cheeks turned a shade of crimson, it was absolutely humiliating.

"SETTLE DOWN EVERYONE! Sunoo is an exceptional student and you shouldn't be bringing him down like that when he is a better writer than the lot of you." The teacher yelled and gave Sunoo a sweet look, he has always had a soft spot for him and thinks he is one of the most gifted students ever.

Class went by fairly quickly, at the moment they were analysing some extracts from all sorts of different genres which Sunoo enjoyed immensely. He loved understanding the different way characters thought and how they added to main plot of the story.

"Before this lesson ends, I need to set a new assignment due in for next lesson." The teacher said earning multiple groans from his students. "I would like you to write an essay on the theme of love throughout the extracts you just read. Explore the struggles of the characters relationships and if they make it work or not. Okay you can pack up and have a lovely rest of the day." He said and dismissed his students.

Sunoo walks out of the class room glad that he finally can get rid of that Sunghoon. He was a little worried about writing an essay on love. The only love he really knew was that of his mothers and his friends. Still, with his excellent skills and understanding, surely he would be okay.

The latter said his goodbyes to Jungwon and Riki who were going to an after school class and walked out of the school. He stuck in his earphones and made his way home.

———————————————————-———————————————————-

Hi!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter <3 I'm hoping to post regularly every Saturday and Wednesday!! Please consider giving this a vote :P byeeee :33