twenty-six

Sunoo was trembling, his hands were sweating. He had never felt so nervous before. Mr Ha had decided Heeseung's group would be the first to perform since they were the most ready. All of the boys were excited, all except Sunoo.

"Hey Sunoo.. are you okay? You look really pale..." Heeseung asks.

"Y-yeah... I'm just nervous. I've never performed in front of anyone before." Sunoo replies.

"That's totally normal. I get nervous before many performances myself but I've just learnt to hide it. The first few lines are always hardest and once you get past them, you will be singing your heart out." Heeseung says, ruffling the boys black hair as a way to calm him down.

"How do you calm yourself before a performance though? I'm a nervous-wreck right now..." Sunoo asks, his voice was shaking due to his nerves still being very prominent.

"I usually just take some deep breaths and listen to my comfort songs." Heeseung replies. "Plus, if this helps, you have a really great voice Sunoo and I'm not just saying that. You sing really well and your voice is so comforting. I hope you know that. Also we only have to perform the first verse and chorus so it's not too much!"

"Wow. Thank you hyung. I'll try those techniques now." Sunoo says, smiling at the older boy.

"Okay, don't take too long though. We are performing in 10 minutes, we just have to set up everything okay!" Heeseung replies, leaving Sunoo to try and collect himself.

The latter decides to sit and take in some deep breaths. He does this for a couple moments before putting his earphones in and playing his comfort song (glue song by Beabadoobee) and tries to relax. The voice singing in his ears is so calming and relaxing, it really helps to soothe Sunoo's nerves.

Sunoo decides to call Sunghoon even though the blonde is in a lesson right now. He doesn't really know why he just feels the urge to.

After about 10 rings, Sunghoon finally picks up.

"Yah, Sunoo are you okay? What do you want? I had to sneak out of class for this." Sunghoon whispers.

"Sorry, it's just I have to perform in front of class in music and I'm so scared. So I thought I'd call you to calm me down?" Sunoo replies.

"Me? Calm you down? Cute. Well all I can say is you have a really beautiful voice Sunoo. You probably don't know this but when I was at your house a couple days ago, you were singing so beautifully in front of me. You will be great, I promise." The blonde replies.

"Really? That's slightly embarrassing but also quite a big confidence boost. Thank you Hoon." The black-haired replies.

"Now I would love to stay and chat with you but I really have to go back to my lesson.good luck Sunoo! You can do this. I believe in you." The blonde says before making little cheering noises for Sunoo.

"Thank you hyung. I'll see you later. Bye!" Sunoo replies giggling at the older boys silliness and hanging up the phone.

Sunoo takes a couple more deep breaths and returns to the music room which is now ready and set up for their performance.

"Do you feel better now?" Heeseung questions quietly.

"Yes much! Let's do this!" Sunoo replies, smiling at the older boy who was surprised by the sudden boost in confidence.

As the music began, Heeseung immediately started to sing.

"Nae son wie noin deusi
Nae ujureul tongjehaetji"

It was Sunoo's turn to join in and he does just that.

"Saramdeurui maeumkkaji
Da ppeonhae boyeotji yeah"