thirty-six

Sunoo finally arrives to the music block, breathless. He notices Daniel, Taehyun and K are setting up the instruments, whilst Heeseung does his vocal warm-ups.

"Finally! We thought you forgot! Come on Sun, let's do some vocal warm-ups together and then we can start practicing." Heeseung says, to which Sunoo nods and copies the older boy.

Meanwhile, Jungwon and Ni-ki ask Jake, Jay and Sunghoon to  meet them in the library for a secret meeting.

"Wow you guys made it without being followed by some crazy delusional girl!" Ni-ki says, earning a laugh from Jungwon.

"Whatever, why did you call us here? And where is Sunoo?" Sunghoon asks, his voice was filled with concern.

"And Heeseung?!" Jake says, as he looks at Sunghoon who realised he completely forgot his own  best friend because of Sunoo.

"They're practicing their performance for Friday! Anyway, we called you here because on Saturday it is June 24th, aka, Sunoo's birthday. We know we only became close friends recently but you are all really important to Sunoo. Over the last few months, so much has changed and you've really opened up his eyes. I don't think he could imagine celebrating his birthday without you. We have a an idea of what we will do but we kinda need some help since me and Ni-ki... are basically kids so we need money." Jungwon says, making the other three completely melt. Well, until Jungwon mentioned the last sentence.

"Jungwon, why are you specifically looking at me after you mentioned money?" Jay asks, pouting slightly.

"Just think, this is for Sunoo." Jungwon replies, giving the older boy the most adorable cat eyes ever.

"OKAY. Stop looking at me like that. What's your plan?" Jay says, getting flustered from Jungwon's cuteness.

"So, we go on a road trip to jeju island and stay in a hotel or holiday apartment for a couple nights? The weather is so perfect for it! When we arrive we can do Sunoo's birthday gifts and cake and we can see what other things there are to do later!" The dimple-cheeked boy says, excited about the plan.

"Okay... that sounds really good and well thought out actually. I'm sure I can afford a couple nights. Send over the details later Jungwon. Oh and can I invited Yunjin and Chaewon? You would be surprised that Sunoo and Chaewon are closer than you think." Jay agrees, making Jungwon extremely happy.

"You're paying so sure. They better bring Sunoo gifts. By the way, for gifts, Sunoo likes bright and colourful clothes, plushies (especially Sanrio ones), anything mint chocolate and skin care stuff." Jungwon informs the boys.

"Okay, we can buy him a gift when we go shopping on Thursday!" Jay says to Sunghoon and Jake.

"Thursday? I assume you guys are going to get things for the summer dance?" Ni-ki questions.

"Yes? Is there a problem?" Jay asks.

"No! We're also going on Thursday! With Sunoo and Heeseung (when sunoo asks) as well." Ni-ki replies.

"Oh I see! Well we'll try and not bump into you guys in case you have something to keep a secret." Jay says, patting the younger boys head.

"Right, well, if you see Heeseung, tell him about Sunoo's birthday plans!" Jungwon says, before walking of with Ni-ki to their next lesson.

The boys departed from each other going to their specific lessons.

Back in the music room, the boys had just finished their first warm-up. Since break had finished, the rest of their music group joined the lesson.

Luckily, the boys were allowed to continue practicing since the rest of the group would just be watching a movie.

"Heeseung, on Thursday, me, Jungwon and Riki are going to get some stuff for the dance. Do you want to come with us?" The black-haired asks.