nineteen

Sunoo woke up from his sleep, his vision was still a little blurry but soon his surroundings became clear. He looked around the room, surrounded by white walls plastered with different posters about health and medical things. He then found his eyes lying on Sunghoon who was writing away, presumably doing homework.

The memories of the previous events from a couple hours ago flood back into his memory and he suddenly felt an excruciating pain overcoming his body. The boy lets out a groan by accident causing Sunghoon to jump slightly at the abrupt noise.

"Finally, you were sleeping for ages!" Sunghoon says, rolling his eyes.

"Oh calm down its literally been an hour. Did you miss me that much that you think it was ages!" Sunoo asks, smugly.

"N-no! You were just resting for a long time" Sunghoon replies stressed out at how red he was becoming.

"Sure, sure. Well, what time is it?" The younger boy asks.

"It's just turned 3.. we only have 30 minutes of school left so we might as well just say here." Sunghoon says.

"Okay yeah, I guess I'm only missing chemistry anyway. I hate chemistry." Sunoo replies, making a disgusted face at the subject.

"Honestly me too. I am missing maths which I am very happy about. Anyway, I have been meaning to ask this for a while Sunoo. How come these people kept picking on you? I know before you didn't want to tell me but now I feel like I deserve to know. So if you are comfortable now, could you explain?" Sunghoon asks, concerned for the latter.

"Oh.. this conversation changed quickly. I guess you are right though, I'll tell you. It all started a year ago. As you know I have always been top of the class for the past few years and that hasn't changed. Well they made fun of me for being nerdy even though I don't even work loads, I just manage my time well. As well as that, I am not from a very wealthy background since I only live with my mum. They think I'm weak and that for some reason they're way better than me so they should be getting top of the class.

If I'm being honest though, those are just the small reasons. I got outed last year as well. I mean obviously you know that, everyone does, but other than a few odd looks from people, I didn't think it would effect me as much as it did. Unfortunately they clearly didn't like the fact I'm gay so they decided to pick on me. That's why they would hurt me and hate me." Sunoo says, trying to explain as much as he could.

"Wow... Sunoo. I am sorry. I can't believe anyone could be so cruel just because of someone's background or who you love. You've gone through so much, I think I am starting to understand you and our friendship more. I meant when I said in that letter I really miss seeing that smile you had on your face so many years ago. I hope you can show it again one day. Anyway, thank you for sharing with me." The blonde replies, his face was full of sadness.

"I'll try and get better, I promise. Things are getting better but I am scared I'll never be able to get home safely, without the worry that I'm gonna get attacked again. What happened the other night when you saved me has happened before, I was just lucky that day. I don't know what to do anymore Sunghoon. Sometimes I just wish I wasn't even alive!" The black-haired boy breaks down into tears, his hands were shaking as he recalled things that had happened in the past.

Sunghoon's heart sank, hearing those words "I just wish I wasn't even alive" felt like a stab in his heart. Seeing the latter breaking down in tears didn't help.

He got up from his bed and sat beside the crying boy. Then he grabbed some tissues and gave them to Sunoo, who wiped away his ongoing tears. Sunghoon held the boy's shaking hand, trying to help calm him down.