eleven

After the awkward interaction, Jungwon and Riki decide they should head back before it gets too dark. They say their goodbyes much to Sunoo's disappointment but he knew they'd be back tomorrow anyway so it was okay.

The two giggle walking out knowing Sunoo was left with the guy he hated most but he knew they needed to talk so he just accepted reality and let it happen.

"So, what did you want to say?" Sunoo asks.

"Well, as I said before I came round to give you this tin of brownies as an apology and this letter with my actual apology in. I thought it would be easier for you and me if I wrote it instead of said it since you really can't stand me." Sunghoon says, a little hurt from the last few words.

Sunoo felt guilty for making the boy in front of him think like that but he wasn't completely wrong anyway.

Sunoo decided to open the letter and read it. As he read the letter he let all the words sink in.

Here's what it said:

"Sunoo, I am sorry for everything that has happened in the past. I remember when we first met in English class and we actually got on quite well, but one day we cut each other off. I don't know why we did but I guess it became something bigger than it needed to be. We started competing over everything and trying to beat each other in every single exam. We used to laugh together, joke around together. My favourite thing in English was seeing that bright smile. I hope I get to see it again one day.. I never realised how much extra pain I must have caused you. I was always so smug around you, I made fun of you, I lowered your self esteem. I didn't mean it on purpose, you are really intelligent and personally I think you are quite attractive too (not as handsome as me of course).

I know you probably think this is all out of pity, but if I am being honest.. I have wanted to mend this friendship between us for a while now. I didn't know how but when I saw you in that state, it made me realise that you don't need my bickering as an extra thing to worry about. You shouldn't have to dread English lessons just because of me. Even if you don't want my friendship, I'll be okay with that although it'll hurt. I just want to be able to look out for you without you questioning it anymore and for some forgiveness. I'm sorry Sunoo."

After reading the letter, Sunoo looked up at the older boy, his eyes were blurry with tears. He decided to make a bold move and hug the older boy in way of acceptance of the friendship and forgiveness for the past. The older boy hugged the younger back and despite the hatred, they seemed to have had for each other once, things seemed to be looking up for the pair.

"Wow, I didn't expect you to forgive so easily. I guess I didn't need to make those brownies!" Sunghoon chuckles, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Whatever! Thank you for that, I didn't realise how much I needed those words. I guess I can try and be nicer to you." Sunoo replies pouting.

"Yah, look at us being mature and grown up people. Go and try one of the brownies, I listened to your advice this time and added chocolate chips in them." The blonde says.

"Alright! They better not have anything weird in!" Sunoo says cautiously.

"Ugh, will you ever learn to trust me shorty?" Sunghoon replies rolling his eyes.

"IM NOT SHORT!" The younger replies muffled due to the big bite of brownie he just took.

"And you called me gross! Don't talk with your mouth full." The older replies laughing.

The two sit for a moment or two enjoying the brownies. There is a weirdly, comfortable silence in the atmosphere as they enjoy the peace and quiet.

"So sunoo, what do you plan on doing this weekend?" The older boy asks.