24

TW/CW: Mentions of miscarriage, blood, adult language, 

The Pain. It was unbearable. It felt like my period, but even worse. 

It felt like something was tugging on my insides, almost like a cramp – but I couldn't describe it. 

I called my best friend Scarlett, hoping she'd still be awake at this time. I mean, what teenager wouldn't be awake at 3 a.m? Probably scrolling through TikTok? Or Instagram? I mean, she would probably be awake just staring at the ceiling. She's just like me. 

"Helloooooooooooooooo?", I heard her voice through the phone, it was loud, but not loud enough to wake up her parents, which I know were really strict about the whole phone and social media thing.

But she was 19, so who would care and stop her? I know for a fact her Dad knew, but never cared. 

I let out a small sigh, before punching myself slightly in the abdomen, trying to get rid of the pain. It was hurting so bad. "Scarlett? Can you hear me? Can you talk? It's urgent, please!" I know Scarlett was rolling her eyes when she heard me say 'it's urgent' because most of the time, I'm going to be honest, nothing I said was urgent enough. 

"Yeah, what's up? Got into trouble with your mom again? Your stepdad?" Ugh...if she only knew WHAT trouble I got myself into. I forgot the fact that I didn't tell her what happened, realizing I was probably the worst best friend someone could ever have.

But—at the same time—maybe nobody should know about me and Robert. Or Robert, me and my mom. Or anyone else for that matter. Not that I didn't trust Scarlett enough, but I know if we would argue, and we were in school, she would accidentally talk too loud. Loud enough for the whole Earth to hear. 

 "Scar-ah! Fuck!" I almost yelled into the phone, and I knew she either was about to choke me out or just hang up. But I felt another sharp pain—only this time it felt worse and like it was going through my backbone.  "TJ? Should I come over? You don't sound good at all, what happened?" 

I looked in the mirror, back at myself, wanting to cry and laugh at the same time. Look at me. I'm 19, didn't graduate yet, my biological mom wanted me dead, and Robert didn't want this baby. I'm the perfect example for Sex E.D. 

"Can you come over as soon as possible? I don't....maybe like right now? Please, I need to get to the ER immediately, Scarlett, please, I know you'll probably get killed by your parents, but please help me." 

Since Robert stormed out and left his phone in the room, Scarlett was the only one who could help me right now. Again, I'm a terrible friend, I know. Why didn't I tell her everything sooner? This phone conversation could've been avoided.....but no, I'm dumb enough to get myself pregnant from my former stepfather, teacher, someone who's older than me....so many things wrong at this moment, but I loved him. I don't know why, I don't know how, but I loved him. 

I heard Scarlett jumping out of her bed, her breathing getting faster – she probably realized I wasn't joking around, I hope she heard the desperation in my voice, and I HOPED she would arrive here quickly. This pain felt so wrong. 

Everything felt so wrong. 

___________________________________________________________________

"TJ? TJ, are you in here?" I heard multiple knocks at the door. 

With my last strength, I opened the door, being directly met with her shocked face as soon as she saw me. "What's wrong with you?! You're paler than the wall in my living room! What happened TJ? Why are you here?!" She looked past me and saw Robert's clothes, looking at me with a puzzled expression.