6

"The fact that you told me this after telling me you're on the pill - what in heavens name?", I heard Roberts voice boom through the living room, cringing as I realized what they were talking about.

In fact I had the odd feeling that something was off with my mother, and I also knew that it could be something like this. But when was the last time they've slept with eachother? All they do all day is argue about every small thing.

"There are many things that could go wrong when you're on the pill!",

My eyes widened. Did they seriously think they could discuss this loudly with me being home? For gods sake.

I just got over a douche called boyfriend assaulting me, now she's throwing her pregnancy around. My mom was always selfish like that, in some points I even recognized myself - but not in situations like these.

I was always the good friend who would move my problem back just to help a more serious problem instead of actually coming up with another. She was always like that.

The more I thought about it, the more I hated her. I wouldn't even question her hiding letters from my dad. If he wrote them.

"I...forgot to take them. It's stressful, you know?", her voice got quieter and I furrowed my brows at my nosey behaviour - putting my ear against the door and all.

He sighed loudly before I heard him pulling something out of the closet. "Everything is stressful for you, even taking pills for your own health. Lisa, I'm not one of these assholes that...F*ck-",

Suddenly I heard something shatter on the floor which made me jump up.

"You don't want it, right? Guess what? I don't either!",

Oh, god.

"It's always you, you, and you! When will you learn to ask about others comfort? Did you ask me when we slept with each other and we randomly did a baby? TJ is enough!",

My chest tensed at his last sentence, feeling like my heart was stabbed with the same knife over and over again.

So he always hated me. Always.

"TJ is grown up! She doesn't need my help!",

Seriously? You never asked me for help.

"18 doesn't mean grown up, when will you learn that? Also, you just said you're not keeping it - why are we even argueing?",

Although it hurted hearing Robert speak about an unborn child like that - he was right. The household couldn't take another baby - even having a dog would be stressful for everyone of us.

"Abortion is murder!", she yelled before something shattered again, making me ask myself whether I should go down or not.

"Stop with your feminism sh*t, it's unnecessary right now", I bit my lip to hold back my laugh. God, they both were two f*ck ups.

Again something shattered and I heard Robert stomping upstairs.
What if he's coming to my room - I mean, why would he? I'm not a part of this discussion, I didn't make the baby.

"Stop throwing stuff around, you'll cry about it later", he calmly said before my knob turned around and the door opened, shoving me to the wall.

I crashed against the wall, groaning slightly at the sudden impulse of my head hitting the shelf above me.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't knock", he said, no emotion in his voice whatsoever.

Sometimes the strange side showed up and it made me ask myself whether he took druggs or just had a hard persona like this.

"Is she throwing glasses around again?", I asked before rubbing the back of my head, flinching as I felt liquid running down my fingers.

"Yeah, that's what she always does when-- you're bleeding.",

His eyes widened as he looked at my red hand, immadietly grabbing my wrist and pulling me downstairs.

"So where are you going now? TJ, stay here!", I didn't listen to her nor did I wanted to. She always worried about herself, and the fact that she saw me bleeding but seriously had the nerve to make me stay here confirmed that she was selfish.

"Stay here, you twat!", she yelled again, running after us as we both headed towards the car.
Robert breathed out heavily before opening the car door, glaring at my mom one last time.

"She's bleeding in case you were blind by yourself standing in the way.",

___________

We arrived at the hospital rather slowly, the morning traffic making it seem like hours passed as we entered the famous white hall.

A nurse immadietly ran to us, taking my hand and pushing me with her into a plain, small white room.

"What happened?", she asked as she gently pushed my head forward, looking at the mess Robert accidentally made.

"Just a small-", I was cut off by Robert coughing.

"Crashed against a shelf.",

She looked at us with a confused expression before pulling out a phone and dialling a really long number.

"Dr. Suslov? Yes, it's me, Anne. We have a young girl....around the age of..19-20 maybe. Aha. Yes, she hit her head against a shelf and she's bleeding really heav- okay", she put her phone back into her small pocket before smiling at us.

"Tilt your head forward. The doctor will come here any second",

She closed the door and we were left in silence which was so thick that you could cut it in pieces.

"I'm sorry that you have to go through so much", he mumbled, the back of his hand gently caressing my cheek.

Although it was really cold and freezing, his hands were warm and soft. The feeling of his hands made my heart tingle and my legs gave up on me.

This feeling was new and exicting - but odd. I shouldn't feel this way about my stepfather, should I? He probably just feels really sorry about the situation and how it turned out. I shouldn't fantasize so much.

Just as I wanted to open my mouth, a tall man with brown hair came in, his smile seeming like he belonged to a toothpaste commercial.

"Good morning. My name is Dr. Suslov. Do you mind telling me what has happened?",

"Well, it was a small accident. I crashed against a shelf and there was a sharp but really short pain. The next moment I had blood in my fingers",

He nodded before holding a small lamp directly to my eyes, looking at me with a small frown.

I furrowed my brows as he pushed my head forward again, his fingers gently pushing my hair away from the wound.

"Well, it's a small wound but since it's on the back of your head we'll check if any serious injuries exist. Just come with me",

~

Hours passed as a nurse finally came into the waiting room after I took so many weird and funny tests. Sometimes Robert would giggle along with me at those small tests and sometimes he would sigh really loudly, making everyone know that he was annoyed.

"Miss Harvey?", she asked, her eyes flitting between me and Robert.

"Would you mind coming with me? Your boyfriend can join us if he wants to",

We both looked at each other before looking back at her.

"He's, uh, he's not-",

"Gladly", he said quietly, smiling at the nurse.

Oh.

____________

Hello mah birches.

How u doin tonight?