11

Guys, I hope I didn't come off as 'rude' because of my last chapter. I'm just happy when someone comments my stories, idk why but it makes me really happy.

____________________

Hours, long lasting hours. As if it was gum, pulling apart slowly.

That's how I felt when I sat on the couch with no lights on, holding onto the pillow like someone would take it from me.

I was waiting for Robert, waiting for him to finally come through that damn door and yell 'Robs home', before plopping down onto the seat at the counter to sip his stupid mint water.

I didn't even feel like going to a party, that's what made me even more confused. Me, especially when it was getting closer to the end of the year, wouldn't arrive at home until 3 a.m but now...now I was siting on the couch, waiting for him like some lady.

Just as I wanted to give up, considering it was already 12 p.m, the doorbell rang. I thought it was just some kids doing a joke, but when I opened the door with my mouth already open, My eyes widened.

There he was with his damn dress up shirt, which wasn't even fully buttoned. His tie wasn't tied and his hair sticked out in all directions. He looked tired.

"Oh? I thought you were out...or sleeping. Where's your mum?," he asked, his voice slightly cracking as he paused.

"She's working. I think,"

"Yeah, working," His tone was strange really, as if it was sarcasm mixed with sadness. But I didn't go on, neither did I want to.

"Okay?," my voice was lighter than before and he took notice, putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You...I'll miss you," he suddenly whispered, pulling me into a tight hug. Although I wanted to slap his face and ask him why he decided to leave us OR just go out and party, I hugged him back, my hands clenching onto his hips.

He smelled so good...and so familiar.

"I can't believe that you're doing this," I mumbled into his neck, his hands grabbing me tighter than ever.

My knees went weak with my heart beating out of my chest, feeling like every air in my lungs was cut off by his embrace.

"I can't stay, Julia,"

"Stop calling me like that,"

"Just for this goodbye...please?," He sounded so vulnerable, yet he was holding me with a strength that only he had.

"I said get your ass away from my family," a loud, harsh voice interrupted our session and I immadietly recognized it as my mother's. Of course we couldn't have a quiet moment with her, she always needed the attention from everyone at any time.

Robert turned away from me, his brows furrowed as he looked at my mother, his now ex-wife.

"I can't tell someone goodbye I actually liked the most in this household?," he hissed, leaning against the doorway as she stepped nearer. Her long heels clicked against the pavement, a sound that could only annoy me.

I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth at Roberts words, feeling like he just put another coat of honey on my world. I didn't know why though - I should hate him for everything he has done to me and how he spoke to me. How he always treated me like shit and spanked me because I didn't do great.

Yet I was standing here, drooling over his words as if it was my long lost crush finally coming to me and asking me to prom.

"Oh, so you admit that you didn't love me?," he shook his head, keeping his head down. I knew that he was done with her, this time for real.

"Who does love you?," he asked, a sly smirk growing on his face. I wanted to keep my smile inside, but that didn't work out considering the fact that he winked after his smirk grew a little more.

My mother immadietly knew what to do, and like always, slapped him across the face. She then moved to me, a fire burning in her eyes which I didn't recognize. maybe it was hate.

"Mom! Why did you-," I yelled out but was cut off by her cold hand flying across my cheek. Robert pulled her away by her shoulders, gently shoving her to the other side of the room.

"What makes you think you can put on such a behaviour towards your daughter?," he spoke, his arm pulling me closer to him as a few warm tears ran dosn my cheek.

She never slapped me, although she had her moments where she would raise her hand. But she'd never slap me, never.

"Did you forget something? You cheated on me!," his voice got louder and I furrowed my brows. I remember him saying that he loved another woman, but a cheating was never mentioned. Or was I hearing things..?
No, I'd never wish to hear he fell in love.

"You're disgusting. I don't have any respect for you, you lying selfish bitch," I hid my head behind Roberts back, hoping he would stay the night so I didn't have to face this monster I called mother.

" 'm leaving," he mumbled, already putting one foot outside the door but stopped as I gripped his hand, pulling him backwards. I mouthed 'don't' to him and he looked at me with sympathy, immadietly stepping back into the house.

"I'm afraid you'll kill her if I leave like the twat you are. I'm staying one more night, then I'm going to look for an hotel for TJ,"
My mother looked at us with disgust in her eyes, no regrets whatsoever. That's what made it clear - she had no feelings.

I looked back to Robert who pulled me upstairs, not even realizing that I was still sobbing like a little baby with toothache.

He plopped down on my bed, groaning as he did so. My hormones started playing wild as I saw him laying on my bed, his legs stretched out as his hands covering his face. I just wanted to fucking straddle his lap again and act like noone of the things that happened would have happened.

I laid down right beside him, trying to stop my crying but failed as he put one arm around me, pulling me closer.

"I know it's going to be hard for the first months but eventually you'll forget me and get over everything," he whispered in my ear, the warmth sending chills down my spine.

"I don't...," I started speaking but my voice cracked because of my sobbing. He shushed me by placing his lips on my forehead and the last thing I heard was my mother throwing glass on the floor and Roberts arms comforting me through the hard time.

____
Do you think he really fell in love with someone else or did he just used it as an excuse to place the mother in a better state?