5

"There's much more you could've done, Robert!", I heard my mothers loud voice booming through the living room.

It's already three in the morning and I haven't even closed one eye, everything from this day just keeps burning into my brain.

I know he didn't sucess, neither did he actually had the time to put his fingers somewhere forbidden - still my mind decided that something was wrong.

The tears in my eyes blocked my sight, leaving me angry, confused and frustrated.

Harry was everything I've wanted, everything I dreamt of when I was a small child. Well, he wasn't the exact guy I've seen in my dreams but he was close to it.

Robert actually took the time and excused himself from work, his hand not leaving my shoulder until my mother came home at 1 a.m, yelling at us before realizing what situation went through when she wasn't home.

Although I've always had the feeling my mother hated me, there were signs against it. Sadly, she blamed me for running around like a slut and asking for it.

Of course Robert had all the right to speak and decided it was a good time to argue about everything she was doing was wrong. Really wrong.

Sometimes, when it got really quiet, I'd catch my breath and listen closely - asking myself why the hell she wasn't worried about my state.

After all she was my biological mother - the one that gave birth to me and actually wanted me.

Well, not now as it seemed.

She blamed me for this whole mess, for the fights with Roberts but didn't dare to look in the mirror.

Everything she was blaming me for, actually described her. Both me and Robert knew.

And as my door squeaked with Roberts head popping up, I knew that, in fact, he cared more for me than I expected him to.

He always seemed like the type of man who wouldn't care about people, who would just shrug and mind his business again. So when he closed the door after him, my tears stopped for a short moment.

I sat there, gobsmacked, my legs crossed and holding onto my duck blanket, asking myself how to hell he decided to come up here?

"Listen, I know it's a hard day for you already...but you need to press charges against him.",

"But--why? I love him! He loves me!", his jaw clenched but as he realized that his jaw clenching expression scared me, he softened up.

"He doesn't.",

"Why do you think that?", although I knew it was a stupid conversation, that he would answer me with the most sarcastic answer, I acted like a dumb naive girl.

"Would you ever, I mean, if you love the person..", he sighed before his eyes locked with mine. "Hurt him? If you love the person with all your heart, wouldn't your heart break seeing him hurt?",

"He was drunk, I-I was asking for i-", I stuttered, being interrupted by a hiss.

"Don't turn into your mother. You didn't ask for anything, you had normal clothes. Besides, what would the clothes change? He'd still see you as a sex object - because he's ill. Mentally ill.",

I bit my lip, avoiding his concentrated gaze on my lips.

Just as I wanted to hug him and thank him for being the only one in this house who understood me - my mother came in. Her eyes bloodshot and her hands shaking.

"You! This is all your fault! If you wouldn't dress like a slut, we wouldn't be in this situation! Now you have to press charges. Do you know how stressfull that is? Am I working to raise a slut like yo-", she didn't finish her sentence as Robert slapped her cheek, the sound making me cringe.