25

TW: Adult language, mentions of miscarriage and abortion, a crazy mother, abuse, foul language

"Mrs. Harvey? I don't think you realize what I'm saying-", stomps. Stomps. All I heard were loud stomps on the ground. 

"No?! This is your daughter, and she's in the ER! What about that is not clear? I'm her best friend, why would I joke about-" silence. It was silent. But it was a loud silence. I don't know what I was hearing at this moment, everything in my brain was mushy, nothing made sense. 

A beep. Was it a heartbeat? No. Beep. What was this?

"She's almost...10 weeks. If I'm looking correctly, there are fingers. She must be around 10 weeks pregnant." I heard a female voice. Soft, gentle, but still stern. 

10 weeks?  Ten? How? It felt like...there was no way it could've been 10 weeks. My hormone levels should've been really high at the last time. My Gynecologist should've told me. How on earth does 10 weeks make sense? I swear, maybe it was like a week ago that I've slept with Robert unprotected. 

Wait, no. How many times did we sleep unprotected that I didn't mention? Why did we even sleep unprotected? I thought my birth control would...handle those things. 

I felt fingers soft fingers on my abdomen. They were warm, even though I know she put gloves on. The smell of latex. I could smell it. I could feel things. But why weren't my eyes open? Why wasn't I able to open my eyes?

Did someone gorilla glue my eyes? What was wrong? Was I having a sleep paralysis? Was this a dream? 

"She's having cramps, when I examined her, she wasn't bleeding. She was cramping a lot, so I thought it would be best to call you", I recognized that voice. The angel. Nurse...nurse Jaycee. Right? So it wasn't a dream? 

I felt someone put my legs on a soft, but cold cushion. Ah, the famous chair every girl is afraid of. 

Okay, so I knew what was coming, I felt things, I felt someone touching me, but why couldn't I open my eyes? I swear to god, they sewed them shut. Something was off. 

Suddenly I felt a cold Speculum entering me. Did it hit my cervix? I don't know. I started moving my body side to side, both from pain and uncomfortableness. You definitely don't want this thing in you. 

"Okay, I see slight bleeding. spotting. Did she say anything when she came here?" What the fuck is spotting? I spot a dumbass in an ER. and that's me. 

My eyes felt crusty. You know when you wake up from a really, good, long nap? You're all sweaty, your pants turned into pantalones, suddenly it's 2050 and we have flying cars. Or a dumb TJ lying in the ER, unwanted pregnancy, probably a miscarriage and a transparent Robert. 

So transparent, you couldn't see him. I'm just going to imagine him here, just because I need some emotional support. Even when your emotional support system called you an 'affair'. 

All I know now was that I could barely open my right eye, and when I started to finally see some cold, slightly blue light, I know this wasn't my desired sleep paralysis. This was reality, and I had to face it. 

I felt someone coming over to my side, holding my head slightly to the left. That was definitely Nurse Jaycee. Her hands were warm, and just her presence alone was everything I required at this moment. "Hey honey, can you hear me? Can you open your eyes?" I felt overwhelmed, but nodded with all the strength I had in me. 

"You still know where you are, right?" I nodded again. Oh fuck, I could barely open my right eye, let alone my left eye. If I find out I used lash glue, I need to remember the brand. "Sweetie, you said you were pregnant. Do you remember anything your doctor said to you? Which week, if you have any medical problems, anything of this sort?"