39 - NDA

When I realized who I was looking at, everything in my body turned around. I wanted to vomit. I wanted to pee. I wanted to poop. Let's be honest, you all wanna poop from anxiety.
But the strongest feeling I had in me was anger. I wanted to launch an attack, my arms already raising when Robert pulled me back by my hips. "Sit down.", he said, his voice filled with rage. Laura was standing there, holding her cheek, wincing from the pain that Jenny just gave her with the loudest slap I ever heard. "reporting me to the police, huh..", Laura said quietly, her voice trembling. I don't know if she was crying or laughing. This bitch was a maniac. Jenny grabbed her by the hair, forcing her down to the floor.

"Do you want to tell us something, huh?", She said, pushing her down. "I'm so sick and tired of you and your behavior. No wonder your mom kicked you out. All Robert wanted-", I noticed how tight her grip was getting, and if it wasn't Laura, I'd actually feel bad. "-was to become better for you and become a great dad, and you almost kill him",

Laura was groaning, barely doing anything. I wondered if it had something to do with Jenny. She seemed much stronger and angrier than Robert. But Robert also wouldn't put his hands on any girl, no matter the circumstances.

Jenny pushed Laura to the floor one more time before releasing her hair. "Has apologizing never crossed your mind, Laura?", she said. Laura looked up from the floor at her, tears forming in her eyes. Ok, now I actually felt kind of bad for her. I didn't know what this girl had gone through to even become that way. I wondered if it wasn't just a facade she kept up to hide all her troubles. growing up with a dad can result in some....issues.

Robert sighed, avoiding looking at Laura. "What do you want me to apologize for? It's her fault.", Laura scoffed, still on the floor, holding the back of her head. "Whose fault, Laura?", Robert suddenly asked, trying to stand up. I tried to stop him, but it was no use. He was stronger than me, despite his handicap at this moment.

Robert looked at Laura, his voice wavering as he asked, "Do you know what we both went through, thanks to you?" I felt a wave of guilt wash over me, unsure whether I should speak up or stay quiet.

I didn't feel like I was a part of the family, so I decided it would be best to just stay still. Robert was clearly struggling to stand, as he had no support. He asked again, his words echoing "TJ almost lost her baby, and I almost got killed. Do you know what you and your little friend did?" I wanted to help him, but he pushed me back gently.

Wait, what friend?

I furrowed my brows at Robert's question.

Robert looked at Jenny, then back at Laura. "I know your little secret, Laura. I know that your friend tried to push me off the lane. I know that you thought-", I interrupted him, demanding to know what friend he was talking about. Laura just giggled in response, and I looked at her, cringing. She was definitely a psycho. But who was the other person?
Robert sighed, looking at the floor. "She hired her friend to push me off the lane with his car. Do you maybe want to say his name, Laura?", he asked. She still wasn't speaking, just giggling. My frustration boiled over as I got up, slapping her in the face with all the strength I had.

"What fucking friend?", I asked again, crouching in front of her. She had stopped giggling by now, but I was still annoyed with her fucking psycho act.

"Tyler.", she said quietly, and I felt my whole world fell apart. But... Tyler..no way he would've done this.

I knew Tyler was angry at me for rejecting him, but in no way would he go this far. This made no sense to me. "I thought Tyler was innocent", Robert said, sitting down on the chair beside Laura. I was still in front of her, meanwhile on my knees, looking through her. I felt like my soul just got sucked out of me.