47 - one thing

„Theresa, do you have a minute?"

No, I didn't have a minute. I was busy trying to find Robert as always.
Mr. Hudson seemed to always be following me around, no matter what I was doing.
I shivered at the thought of it and I was just centimeters away from Robert's office when he abruptly stopped me. He wanted to talk about my homework. tapping my foot on the floor, I asked impatiently, „What is there to talk about?"
I didn't have the time to talk about my homework, I wanted to see Robert.

It had been a month since he had last spoken to me in full sentences, and I wasn't sure why..not that he was mad at me. I just suspected that his family's visit had left him struggling with his feelings.

Mr. Hudson leaned against the wall, checking me out with his creepy grin. Ew.
Someone get this dude a fleshlight or something. „There's a problem, Theresa" he said. I shivered, again, wanting to disappear, but Robert suddenly opened the door before I could respond.

He glanced between us and Mr. Hudson quickly stood straight, his eyes now having a weird glint to them. „What problem?" Robert asked, and it felt like the air had suddenly gone still. Mr. Hudson scratched his neck, avoiding Robert's glare as he said, „Oh..you know, Theresa is just..not paying attention to the class and we have an exam coming up and-„
Robert quickly cut him off, saying, „Jesus, Hudson, get to the point"
I was still standing there, wanting to get inside his office to avoid this uncanny creep, who made me feel uncomfortable.

My left foot was already inside, and I was silently begging Robert to let me in. Mr. Hudson was still talking. „Well, I think Theresa either needs to repeat the class or get private lessons"
I felt another chill down my spine as he said 'private lessons'. Thankfully, Robert noticed my discomfort and pushed me inside, glaring at Mr. Hudson „I will talk to her. Go do something useful, Hudson. don't annoy students." he spat, before closing the door.

I rolled my eyes, wanting to sit on Sandra's couch, but Robert yanked my hand and pulled me inside his office. Surprised by his sudden movements, I thanked god that Sandra wasn't around.

I took a deep breath as I plopped down on his chair. „Jesus, don't do this again..you almost ripped my arm off," I said, looking at Robert who was walking around with his arms crossed.

I raised a brow, unsure of what to say. Robert had been acting weird for the past month, but I didn't question him, knowing he needed time to recover. Before I could speak up, Robert interrupted me with a question. „When is your next appointment?" he asked, looking at me. I was even more confused.

„Uhm....tomorrow..." I said quietly, looking down and seeing that my belly was getting more visible now. It was the size of a tiny...middle..watermelon now.

Tia had already questioned why I wore huge hoodies, but I just said I felt more comfortable in them. I knew they would find out soon, but I only had two months left of school and four months of my pregnancy.

„Mhm.." Robert pulled me out of my thoughts again.

I wished someone would give me instructions to understand this man.

What the fuck is wrong with you, Robert?", I muttered, avoiding his eyes.
„Beg pardon?" he said as he sat down on his table, trying to catch my eyes.

AAAAAAAAAAH. YOU ASSHOLE!

I looked up at him, while the muscles in his jaw tensed over and over. He looked at me, his eyes narrow slits. „What a pleasant conversation", he said, a little too defiant for my liking.

What was he getting so angry about? What did I do? I was taken aback by his sudden change in demeanor.

„Sorry for the cussing," I apologized quietly, thinking maybe I had overstepped the line a little with my last question.