Chapter 5

September 12 2021, Houston

"I DID NOT TELL HIM TO 'FUCK OFF" Alliah protested. "I simply kindly suggested that he go shove his comments where the sun don't shine."

Harry laughed so hard he bent over, arm wrapped around his midriff. The corners of Alliah's lips tugged upwards as she saw the corner of Harry's eyes crinkle, and his dimples on full display.

Alliah was a sucker for those dimples.

"Don't even try that, Ali," Maria, Alliah's mother said, "I remember you, just a little sixteen-year-old girl, standing up to the school principal and telling him to fuck off."

Alliah shrugged, taking a sip from the boba tea in her hands. "He deserved it. Who calls an underage girl 'beautiful' and then tries to reprimand her for wearing a tank top. Men are disgusting."

"Indeed they are, love," Harry agreed, a large grin on his face. "I'm sorry you had to go through that, but at least you were strong enough to stand up to him."

"I was suspended for three days," Alliah commented, "But I have zero regrets. Didn't have to look that asshole for three days, so it's a win."

Alliah watched as Harry ducked his face while passing by a group of teenage girls. Being out on the street with Harry in the middle of the day wasn't the smartest move, but it had been his idea.

Alliah wasn't sure how Harry had ended up joining her and her mother on their day out, but she was happy nonetheless. Two of her favorite people meeting and talking to each other? Amazing.

Maria was immediately enamored by Harry, and Harry had taken a liking to Alliah's mother as well. Although they had ganged up on Alliah a couple of times, making her regret introducing them to each other.

Especially because her mom liked to spill the beans on all of the stories Alliah would rather keep private. And it was not a good idea for Harry to have any content with which to blackmail you.

"There's a really good chinese place around the corner, would you like to to there?" Harry prompted.

Maria immediately nodded. "I'm interested."

They turned to Alliah, who smiled. "Yeah, of course. I love chinese food."

"Alright, lunch's on me, yeah?" Harry said, taking the lead. Alliah began to protest, but he cut her off. "You've given me your wonderful company, and I intruded on your mother-daughter day out, the least I could do is buy you lunch."

Alliah sighed, but she couldn't help the smile on her face. "Alright, Mr. Millionare, pay for our food."

harryflorals has
posted on instagram

harryflorals hasposted on instagram