Chapter 50

June 12 2022, London

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CHEATED," Alliah said, feeling completely numb. "You fucking asshole, you fucking cheated!"

"Ali-"

"Don't you dare call me that. This?" She gestured between them. "It's nothing. You are nothing to me."

"It didn't mean anything- It was an accident!"

"Stop making excuses. I fucking hate you."

"Alliah-"

She slammed her cards down on the table. "Just say it."

Harry sighed in defeat. He placed down the '+4' card. "Change to blue... Uno."

"Fuck you," Alliah snapped, grabbing another four cards from the stack. She now had about ten cards in her hand. All of them green except for one blue card. Placing down the blue, she looked expectantly at Harry.

Harry inhaled deeply and set down his last blue '5' card.

"I hate you," Alliah groaned, slumping against the table. She stomped her feet like a little kid throwing a tantrum and then melted against the table. "Six rounds of Uno and I didn't win any? You so fucking cheated."

"I didn't cheat!" Harry insisted. They'd had this argument about ten times each round.

Gemma walked in, looking at the ten cards in Alliah's hand, and at Harry's empty ones. "Uno? Harry always wins at Uno."

Alliah banged her head against the wooden table. "I've never won a round of Uno with Harry."

Gemma laughed, sitting down next to Alliah, grabbing her by the shoulder and pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "You'll win someday. Maybe in ten years."

"Ten years. I can wait that long. I will win someday."

Alliah didn't even mention the butterflies in her stomach at the casual nature in which Gemma implied Alliah would still be here in ten year's time.

Harry's family had this habit of talking about Alliah as a permanent thing, more than just a casual girlfriend, but seeing her as his partner, a person who was there to stay.

The thought of being with Harry for ten years was terrifying to think about, and yet it was the best idea Alliah had ever heard.

Meeting Harry's gaze, she could tell he was thinking the same thing as her. He mouthed to her, "Ten Years."

It was a question more than a statement. Asking her, 'Are you willing to stick around that long?'

Alliah nodded, grinning as she replied, "Ten Years."

Alliah was more than willing to stick around that long. She'd stay even just five seconds or five centuries. She'd take whatever she could from Harry, and be eternally grateful for each small second in his life.

"Harry, are we ordering food or should I make something?" Anne asked, her cat, Dusty following her as she walked into the dining room.

"I think takeout." Harry looked to Alliah. "What are you in the mood for?"

Alliah shrugged, about to answer, when-