Chapter 29

January 8 2022, Los Angeles

UNKNOWN
typing...

UNKNOWN
check your voicemails.

alliah 🌹
um... who is this
and how did you
get my number?

UNKNOWN
it's harry.

HARRY 🤍
you said i didn't apologize,
but you didn't
check your voicemails.

alliah 🌹
i never check my
voicemails.

alliah 🌹
and since when is
this your number?

HARRY 🤍
my phone broke a
while back.

alliah 🌹
okay...

HARRY 🤍
please, just check
your voicemails.

alliah 🌹
aye aye, cap'n

[November 21]
"Fuck, Alliah, I'm so sorry. I know, I know, I'm an idiot. I was such an asshole to you, and I know I don't deserve you. I shouldn't have said that to you. And I... I've had probably too much to drink.

God, I was being stupid and I got jealous and I said things I didn't mean. I'm really sorry, I am. Please just... call me back. Let's talk it out. I don't... I don't want to lose you. You're the best person I've ever met and I wish I hadn't fucked it all up. Please, call me back, just hear me out. I'm sorry."

[November 23]

"Alliah, please call me back. I know I was an asshole, but I just need to apologize properly, and not over voicemail. You're... you're really special to me. You're beautiful, and you're smart, you always make me laugh and I'm never not happy with you. When I'm with you... it's like the whole world is so much brighter. You bring light to the darkest of days and you showed me what it's like to find a happiness that is pure and untainted by the world. I don't want to lose that. I'm really sorry."

[November 25]

"I wrote a song about you... um, I think it's a little bit more like, about you and the things that happened with your sister. I don't know. I don't expect you to forgive me because I wrote you a song, but I wanted to show it to you anyways. It's... it's called Matilda.

Matilda, you talk of the pain like it's all alright..."

[November 27]

"I... just jumped off of the roof. I'm like.. super high right now. Soooooo high.