Chapter 22

November 17 2021, Los Angeles

"THREE MORE SHOWS LEFT," Harry said, "Can you believe it?"

"Shut up, shut up, shut uuuuppp," Alliah whined, burying her face in her hands. "You're going to make me cry."

Harry chuckled, grasping Alliah's wrists and tugging her hands away from her face. His smile faded when he saw the raw vulnerability in her eyes, and the glimmer of unshed tears.

"Hey," he muttered softly. Harry kissed the inside of Alliah's palm. "What's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, I'm just being my typical over-emotional self," Alliah breathed out, laughing as she tried to brush it off. But her laughter sounded strange, even to her ears and lasted three seconds before she sniffled.

Harry shook his head, dropping Alliah's hands, and instead grasping her face, cupping her cheeks for a few moments before brushing the stray hairs away from her face, tucking them behind her ear.

"Don't do that," Harry softly chided her, not raising his voice above a whisper, "Talk to me."

Alliah felt a piece of her heart break at his softness, his warmth and comforting presence. She would miss this. Miss the way he always knew exactly the right thing to say and never ever judged her.

"I'm... I'm really scared," Alliah admitted, her voice breaking on the last word. She cleared her throat. "It's just... what if we're not friends after this? What if the whole being on tour- working together was the only thing bonding us together?"

Harry let out an exhale, almost a scoff. "Are you kidding? I'd never let you go, okay? You're the coolest person I have ever met, and I- I don't think after three months of talking daily, I would be able to stop talking to you."

Alliah exhaled shakily. "It's just... and if we grow apart? What then?"

"I would never let us grow apart," Harry protested. "I don't think I could stand not being friends with you. Now that I know what it's like to have your presence in my life... I never want to go without it."

"Look, I don't... I'm not used to people sticking around, okay?" Alliah confessed, spilling out all of the secrets she'd locked inside of her heart. "I make friends, we talk, and when they don't need me anymore, they let me go. I've had exactly three friends who've sticked around properly and didn't go away."

"So I'll be your lucky number four."

Alliah rolled her lips into her mouth to stop them from trembling. "You promise?"

Harry used a single finger, hooking it around Alliah's chin and lifting it until his gaze captured her own. Green eyes looking into hazel eyes.

"Promise."

alliahmendoza posted
on instagram

alliahmendoza postedon instagram

liked by anya.mayville and others

alliahmendoza LA, I'M BACK! so happy to be home at long last. you were dazzling. ps. to that girl with the 'mommy?' sign, i ran out of time, but... yes...?

view all comments

kat.iebell you're my mommy 🛐
2h reply
-> alliahmendoza nah, with you, i'm wifey.

miraduncan ALLIAH 💀
2h reply

username MOMMY CONFIRMED 🛐
2h reply

username 🏳️‍🌈?
2h reply
-> alliahmendoza 🏳️‍🌈!

username alliah just keeps on radiating big d energy
2h reply

username she did not- 💀
2h reply

alliahmendoza posted
on stories

alliahmendoza postedon stories

| replied to your story

anya.mayville
alliah. tell me you did
not just post something
about harry and taylor
back-to-back

alliahmendoza
okay. i did not post
something about harry
and taylor back-to-back.

anya.mayville
A L L I A H

alliahmendoza
A N Y A

anya.mayville
you're killing me here

alliahmendoza
k.

a/n: I GOT TICKETS FOR ALL OF THOSE VOICES!!!!

Y'ALL, THE LAST TIME I WAS THIS STRESSED, I WAS TRYING TO GET TICKETS FOR LOVE ON TOUR.

it was such a mess because they didn't put up the tickets online in my city, and you had to go and PHYSICALLY buy them. it was a miracle i even got tickets. there were probably about 5 other seats left or so.

did you guys get tickets yet???