Chapter 37

March 12 2021, Omaha

IT WAS ONLY YESTERDAY that Alliah and Harry had been cuddled together, bathing in each other's presence, savoring their last moments together before she left.

Alliah knew this was only temporary. Only a matter of time before one of them had a break long enough to join the other. And Harry had very purposefully arranged all of his Lationamerica dates so that they could be together.

Even then, they knew the truth: they'd be separated for eight months just so they could have less than a month together.

Alliah had offered for Harry to join her on tour, not necessarily working, but just traveling with her, as her partner. But he couldn't do it. With his album about to be announced, he would be swept up in a flurry of singles, music videos, press and events.

Harry was scared to be separated from Alliah for so long. She was too. What would happen to them when they spent eight months without seeing each other? Would they even survive it or would they lose feelings? Would their conflicting schedules just be too much to handle for either of them?

They were in the early stages of the relationship, these were the core moments when they built trust and were supposed to be there for each other.

Instead, Alliah was halfway across the country, having her last rehearsal before embarking on her nine-month world tour.

A loud laugh snapped Alliah out of her thoughts, and she turned to the source, the brunette man on the phone saying, "Alright, talk to you later." The dark-haired man hung up the phone, turning to Alliah. "Sorry 'bout that."

"Don't worry," Alliah said, waving him off. "So, Louis, you seriously want us to stick this paper on the ground?"

"It sound so fucking stupid, but I forget the bloody words otherwise," Louis exclaimed, and for a moment, Alliah found herself in a daze, wondering how on earth she got here. Standing in front of Louis Tomlinson, the man she'd spent every waking hour worshipping when she was a teenager.

Alliah blinked, focusing on the task on hand. She'd been zoning out quite a lot lately, unable to focus on anything. "Right. We can stick it there, no problem."

"Thank fuck," Louis said, somehow managing to be grateful and swear at the same time. "Alright, so are we supposed to do another one of these rehearsals?"

Alliah nodded, "yep, c'mon, one last round."

"You said 'one more' last time, and the time before that and the time before-"

"Stop talking shit and move your ass."

"Yes ma'am."

March 13 2021, Omaha

ALLIAH WAS READY TO THROW UP. Even opening for Harry freaking Styles wasn't as nerve wracking as this.