Chapter 16

November 7 2021, Tacoma

alliahmendoza posted
on instagram

alliahmendoza postedon instagram

liked by mariamendoza and others

alliahmendoza PEOPLE WATCHING. usually i put some poetic, beautiful description in this section, but screw it, here's the truth: it's about being single af. OUT NOVEMBER 10. MIDNIGHT EST.

comments are restricted

mariamendoza increíblemente orgullosa de ti ❤️
2h reply

kat.iebell YESYESYES NEW MUSIC. SLAAAYYYY
2h reply

miraduncan excited!!!
2h reply

jpsaxe can't wait to hear it :)
2h reply

echosmith looks exciting!!!
2h reply

lucymendoza that's cool
2h reply

"THAT'S COOL," ALLIAH MOCKED in a high-pitched tone. She growled in frustration, "Ugh, I just want to block her and-and find her and strangle her stupid neck."

Harry gave Alliah a look of 'what-the-fuck-is-wrong-with-you-weirdo?'.

"Okay, maybe don't murder your sister? Or calm down a little and think it through."

Alliah groaned. "It's so fucking frustrating, y'know? Lucy- she- I-" Alliah threw her hands up and whined. "I sent her the fucking song so she could be the first fucking listener, like a fucking idiot! I- I thought, hey! I'm a musician and my fucking songs mean a lot to me, this could be some kinda fucking olive branch to fix our fucked up relationship! AGHH!"

Harry grabbed hold of her hands, stopping Alliah from flaying them around. "Hey, calm down, just- just breathe, okay?"

Alliah took a few deep breaths in unison with Harry. "It's just really frustrating to keep trying to fix things between us, and she doesn't even-Lucy doesn't even appreciate it."

Alliah sniffled, throwing her head back as she blinked back tears.

Harry sighed, rubbing his thumb over Alliah's knuckles. "Your sister doesn't deserve your kindness, and I hope you realize that. She's the reason you're so insecure, the reason you developed an eating disorder. She doesn't talk to you, she ignores your messages for a month and then says a couple of words. She doesn't even try."

Alliah knew there was truth in his words. Raw, harsh truth. The kind Alliah admired so much.

Lucy and Alliah used to be close. When they were kids, Lucy had taken the role of the older sister to heart and had protected her, become Alliah's best friend. And then Lucy grew older, and saw Alliah as just the clingy, annoying little sister.