Chapter 57

January 8 2022, London

alliahmendoza posted
on close friends

alliahmendoza postedon close friends

[CAPTION: speaking of 12 months... thank you for the best year of my life, for not just loving me but helping me love myself. thank you for being my sun, my stars and the moon, something always shining and watching over me. i love you more than life itself]

THERE WAS SOMETHING WET AND SLIGHTLY SCRATCHY sliding on Alliah's cheek.

She made a sound of discomfort, turning over onto her side.

Fuck this shit.

It was way too early to even wake up.

And then some slightly thick liquid landed on Alliah's cheek, and she shot up, making a gagging sound as she wiped it from her cheek. "Fucking fuck, disgusting fuck."

It was saliva. She faked vomiting as she wiped her wet hand against the soft beige bedsheets and then something barked.

Something barked?

What. The. Fuck.

There was a dog on her bed. A fluffy little white and grayish brown Shih Tzu. Alliah froze.

The dog padded along the bed, barking very loudly, making Alliah flinch, and then the cute dog landed on her lap, making itself at home there.

Himself? Herself?

Alliah wasn't going to invade the dog's privacy like that, thank you very much.

"Harry?" Alliah called, searching the room for the curly-haired man. "Harry? A dog broke into our house!"

The door opened suddenly, Harry looking crazed as his hair was made a mess, falling in strands front of his eyes. He held in one hand a leash that seemed to be in two pieces and looked very chewed up, and in the other a bag of dog treats.

"Munchy! There you are," Harry exclaimed, walking across the room and the Shih Tzu became very stiff and went limp as Harry tried to pick it up. (Her? Him? Them?)

"Harry?" Alliah questioned softly. "Want to explain why there's a dog in our house?" Harry opened his mouth, but she cut him off by adding, "To clarify, I don't have a dog, and as far as I know, you don't have a dog."