Chapter 69

April 4 2023, Cancún

THEY WENT SKINNY DIPPING.

It was midnight and Harry and Alliah had managed to sneak out of their rooms and out into the beach.

No one was around, no one was awake. It was just the two of them, the water and the moon.

It was beautiful, letting themself be bare, feeling the waves crash against their skin, the moon glowing above them.

There were no words to explain how they felt in that moment. They felt like the stars themselves, shining and a beauty to be admired.

The moon protected them, just the slightest light as they moved their bodies in unison, hands intertwined and heavy breathing.

Harry left kisses along Alliah's collarbone. No heat to it, just softness and love. This wasn't lust, it was love.

Alliah left a mark on Harry's neck, leaving her claim on the man she would marry someday.

Their rings weren't on, but they didn't need metal and jewels to let everyone know they were taken. They didn't need jewelry to know that this bond between them was forever.

They stayed there for a long time after, just in the water, floating, hands raised as they pointed at stars, laughing quietly and whispering as they made up constellations.

They made their way closer to shore, and ended up sitting down, inside the water, Harry holding Alliah over his lap, arm wrapped around her waist.

Alliah sighed, content as she leaned her head against Harry's shoulder. "You and me. That's all I'll ever want."

Harry kissed her shoulder.

Alliah always said 'want'. Never 'need' with Harry.

Because she knew she didn't need anyone, she didn't need Harry to live, to survive. But Alliah wanted him. She wanted him in the morning, with messy hair and a coffee-deprived mind, she wanted him in the afternoon, with work calls and creating music in the living room, she wanted him at night, when she was tired and just needed comfort.

Alliah didn't need him. But she wanted him, forever.

"I love you," Harry whispered, just for her to hear.

No one needed to see their love, no one to take pictures or to whisper about it, the only witnesses to this love would be the stars and the moon.

Harry's love was something just for Alliah.

Alliah nuzzled her face into his neck. "I love you."

alliahmendoza posted
on close friends

alliahmendoza postedon close friends