Chapter 19

November 11, San Jose

"YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT," Gemma laughed, shoving Harry's head away from her. Watching the two of them interact warmed Alliah's heart. "I can't believe you actually said that."

Harry threw his hands up. "I was drunk! I wasn't thinking straight!"

"You're an idiot," Gemma and Alliah said in unison, looking at Harry as he sat up, walking away from the two of them. Then, they glanced at each other and snickered at Harry's theatrics.

Harry sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I regret introducing you to each other."

Alliah laughed, pulling Harry down to sit beside her. Wrapping her hand around his shoulder, she snickered, "Bet you regret meeting me, huh?"

"Every single day," Harry said, and they all laughed, knowing no bigger lie had ever been spoken.

Gemma was visiting for a couple of days along with her mom, Anne.

Alliah had been shitting her pants at the thought of meeting Harry's family, especially because she knew Harry loved his family more than anything else.

The thought had kept her awake, wondering what if Gemma doesn't like me? What if Anne thinks I'm annoying? Holy shit, what if they hate me and think I'm the worst person ever and then Harry ends up hating me?

Alliah had been sitting in Harry's dressing room with Gemma for almost a half an hour, and so far so good. Until a knock sounded on the door, making Alliah have a mini heart attack, knowing that it was Anne.

Anne entered the room, smiling widely at the sight of her son. Harry jumped up, running to hug his mom. The sight was endearing, and you could almost feel the love and warmth radiating from the two of them.

And then Anne turned to look at Alliah.

Holy fuck, I'm fucking fucked, if Anne doesn't like me, this is it, Harry will never speak to me again. Oh, fuck she's going to hate me, fuck, fuck, fuck-

"Alliah!" Anne exclaimed. She walked forward, and Alliah hastily got to her feet, greeting Harry's mom with a hug. "Oh, it's so good to finally meet you, Harry's told me so much about you!"

Alliah smiled nervously. Her voice was breathless as she asked, "Really?"

"Mom," Harry hissed as a warning, his face turning a rosy pink.

Anne nodded nonetheless, smiling. She has the same smile as her son, Alliah noted. "Talks about you constantly, he really-"

"Okay," Harry intervened, stepping in front of his mom and steering her towards a chair, "I think that's enough about me."

Gemma laughed, sitting down beside me. She leaned forward, whispering, "He really does talk about you constantly. Whenever we call him, out of ten things he tells us about his life, nine are about you. The boy's obsessed."

"Gemma!" Harry snapped, glaring at her, almost warning her. "What are you whispering about?"

Alliah snickered. "We're talking shit about you, what's it to you?"