Chapter 40

April 15 2022, Coachella

ALLIAH WAS SHITTING HER PANTS. This would either be the best or the worst surprise possible.

Harry didn't know Alliah was actually going to show up for Coachella. He'd invited her, but she'd said she couldn't because of her tour and wouldn't be able to go.

Funnily enough, the days that Harry was performing aligned perfectly with days that Alliah had free from tour. She'd have to fly in late in the afternoon and fly out early in the morning, but she would be able to make it for his shows.

Alliah knew Harry would be excited to see her. She knew because they'd surprised each other enough times to know it always ended well. However, the barely healed mark on her collarbone was what made Alliah nervous.

For now, Alliah focused on hiding her face as she pressed her body against the barricade. Being close friends (girlfriend) of the performer had its advantages, it seemed. But she didn't want to get recognized before Harry saw her face.

Time slipped away, which Alliah spent answering messages from friends and family. Having the time to do anything non-work related was a luxury to Alliah, something she couldn't find often.

She'd been neglecting her loved ones due to the weight of her work. In between tour and finishing a few singles in the studio, she hadn't found the time to truly enjoy time with family and friends.

But Alliah just had to get through the US dates and then she would have a lot more free time during international dates. Either way, tour was something Alliah enjoyed immensely and she wouldn't trade it for the world.

Despite her efforts, Alliah was recognized by some girls next to her, but they were polite enough to keep it hush-hush, and she returned the favor by taking several pictures with them.

"I love your outift," Alliah complimented, looking at the girl's black leather corset, and the baggy pink pants. But what truly caught Alliah's attention were the black cowboy boots, covered in sequins. She gasped, "Where'd you get those boots? They look fucking amazing."

Soon enough, the girl was passing Alliah the contact, and before they knew it, music was playing and Harry was out on stage.

Alliah grinned as she took in his sparkly outfit, and screamed in unison with the rest of the crowd as he performed live for the very first time As It Was.

She watched his movements through the stage, noticing every tiniest gesture, eyes lingering on his arms when he flexed his bicep just the slightest, or the veins in his neck became pronounced as he sang.

Everything about him was beautiful, and there was something so captivating about his energy and the way he moved. His voice was like a siren's, luring you in, capturing you in his arms.

Alliah could feel herself falling even more in love with this man with every little thing she noticed.

Harry approached her side of the stage during Carolina, and his eyes scanned the crowd briefly, not noticing her.

Alliah wanted to scream at him 'I'm here, you idiot!'

And then Harry seemed to almost jump, startled by a sudden realization as he whirled to look at her, eyes wide as he stared at Alliah, a small smile growing into a large grin as he looked at her.