Chapter 34

February 27 2022, Los Angeles

"HONEY, I'M HOME!" Alliah called, walking into Harry's house.

He'd left the front door unlocked, again. Alliah always made sure to lock it before she went out, but he always forgot.

Alliah faltered at the silence that stretched out. She hesitated before calling out, "Harry?"

Alliah's thoughts had already spiraled. What if Harry had somehow gotten hurt or been knocked unconscious? What if some crazy fan had managed to get into the house and had hurt Harry?

Fans breaking into celebrities' houses wasn't a new thing. Taylor Swift once had a stalker break into her house and sleep in her bed. What if that had happened to Harry. What if-

"Alliah!" Harry exclaimed, grinning. Alliah jumped, placing a hand over her heart.

"Harry, jesus, you scared-" Alliah eyed him, noting the apron he had on and the spatula in his hand -"me. What's going on?"

Alliah's eyes wandered over to the dining room, where the table had been set with candles, and a dark red tablecloth. She smiled softly at the sight and turned to Harry, who seemed to be giddy with excitement while simultaneously on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

"I-uh... well, I know we haven't had a proper dinner date in a while, 'cause of, well- you know, so I though maybe we could- I mean, if you don't want to, we don't have to- it was a stupid idea anyways- I- We'll just-"

"Harry," Alliah intervened, walking over to him and shutting him up with a kiss.

Harry mumbled against her lips, "If you don't like it, we can-"

"Shh, I love it, baby, okay?" Alliah said, giving him one last kiss.

Alliah chuckled, looking at the black dress pants and white shirt Harry had on, comparing it to her sweatpants and Spider-Man shirt. "I'm not really dressed for the ocassion, though."

Harry looked down at her clothes, smiling softly. "I think you always look great. However..."

Alliah scoffed. "However...?"

"Hold on a second," Harry said, raising a finger as he scuttled away, not taking long before he came back with a white box. "Open it."

Alliah gingerly grabbed the box, lifting the lid and freezing when she saw it. She grabbed the fabric and gently extended it, getting a good look at it. "Harry-"

"Do you like it?"

"Harry," Alliah scoffed. "How could I not?" It was an elegant dress with a low v-neck, long sleeves and fitted in a way that would best flatter Alliah's body.

Harry gave her a pleading look. "Put it on, please? I'll serve dinner and you take all the time you need, yeah?"

Alliah nodded, smiling. "Yeah."

Once Alliah had made her way into Harry's bedroom, she stripped her clothes, staying in only her underwear, which she realized now were not sexy enough for the occasion. Alliah wished in that moment she'd grabbed the pretty lingerie set she had.