Chapter 45

May 8 2022, Vancouver

[ARTICLE]

MY SIDE OF THE STORY: ALLIAH MENDOZA

WRITTEN BY: ALLIAH MENDOZA

My name is Alliah Mendoza. And I've been called different names in my life. 'Ali', by my friends. 'Coneja', by my parents. 'Love', by my partner. And now, I've added 'Slut', 'Whore', 'Junkie', 'Bitch', amongst other things to this list.

If I read even half of the articles, or the comments or the messages who called me these last few things, I'd never end. I'd keep reading. Forever and ever because it seems people have endless words and criticisms for me.

I'm too thin. Too fat. Too loud. Too quiet. I date too much. I date too little. I am too much.

That's what other people think. What they say.

Let me tell you what I think.

I think I am healthy. I am happy. I am not too much or too little, I am more than enough.

My name is Alliah Mendoza. And I have never been prouder to be me.

People have been saying countless things about me. And let me answer all your burning questions for once and for all. Maybe you'll like it, maybe you won't. I just want my truth spoken for once, and not some twisted, manipulated version of it.

Why do you date so many people?

I don't. The last person I dated was in 2019, and that was my last relationship before my current one.

Are you dating [redacted]?

No. I'm not dating him. Or Tom Holland. Or Rudy Pankow. Or Niall Horan.

Are you dating Harry Styles?

Yes. I'm in a healthy and consensual relationship with him. No further comment.

Are you addicted to drugs?

No, I'm not. I've gotten high a few times, but I've used drugs for recreational purposes only and always done it in a safe and legal way.

Are you sure?

Yes. I'm sure.

I've struggled with my mental health, and it's a war that'll never end, but addiction is one thing I am not struggling with.

Did your manager leave because you were too controversial?

No, I fired her. It wasn't working out between us, and I needed to move on from that stage of my career. I will forever be thankful for everything she aided me to accomplish, and I look back on our past with a smile.

Who's your manager now?

I am happy to announce that I will be working with the amazing Anya Mayville. I've been with her since the beginning of my career, she has been nothing but loyal and caring and I can't wait to have her as my manager.

Why are you answering these questions?

This is my life. My truth. My story.