Chapter 47

May 30 2022, Los Angeles

THAT WAS IT. Jenna's team had taken the settlement agreement immediately. Jenna had to give 1 dollar, make an apology stating that she'd been lying, and then sign an NDA to make sure nothing private got out.

The lawsuit was over in the blink of an eye, all because Jenna knew she had no ground to stand on.

Alliah was back home in LA, finally able to see Harry after almost a month. No more fighting, no more controversy or dating scandals. No more Jenna.

Just Alliah and Harry. Together, with no distance between them.

And that's how Alliah got to the one place she always wanted to be: in Harry's arms, lying on the couch Grease in the background and both of them singing along to the songs.

There was nothing else standing in the way.

"Hopelessly devoted to youuuuuu," Harry sang, dramatically stretching the last vocal out, raising his face as if he were howling.

Alliah snorted in laughter, kissing the spot on Harry's shoulder. "Fucking dork."

Harry grabbed her shoulders, dramatically shaking them as he sang, "But now- There's nowhere to hide, since you pushed my love asiiiiideeee!"

Alliah joined in, breathless with her laughter, "I'm out of my head, hopelessly devoted to you!"

Harry stood up suddenly, yanking on Alliah's hand and raising her to her feet. One hand clasped in hers and the other on her waist, he begun a simple waltz.

"Alliah?"

Alliah hummed, "Yeah?"

"Move in with me. No place is home without you here."

Without missing a beat, she answered, "Yes."

They sung in harmony as they dance around the living room, Olivia Newton-John in the background, each other's names drawn in permanent marker on their hearts, and nothing but bubbly laughter and blissful happiness filling the room.

A peace you found with the person who made you a better person. A peace that came once in a lifetime, rare as a comet in the sky, as normal and everyday as finding a penny on the ground, with the value of diamonds.

Alliah would take it all. She'd take the insults and the criticism and the hate. She would go through hell and back. All if she could have even a second with Harry.

A lifetime of pain. For a second of heaven with an angel.

And if pain was what Alliah wanted, that was what she would get.

A barrage of notifications on her phone broke the moment, the little bubble they'd created inside his house- inside their home.

Alliah groaned internally, putting her phone in silence, hoping to ignore it. But the notifications kept on coming. From her team and management.

And then Harry's phone seemed to be trying to commit suicide, vibrating off the kitchen table.

The two lovers shared a look, knowing immediately something was off. Something had happened.