Chapter 31

January 31 2022, Los Angeles

THERE WERE CURRENTLY TWO CAKES on the table. One was a birthday cake for Harry, and the other a rose-themed cake for Superache.

Alliah hadn't really thought it through when she put the release date as Harry's birthday. She had most definitely done it on purpose, but hadn't thought of the side-effects. Like this moment right here.

Alliah always did a small gathering with friends whenever she dropped an album or a single and celebrated. Her music was always released at exactly midnight.

Harry wrapped his arms around her waist, placing his chin over her shoulder. "What are you thinking about?"

"How old you are," Alliah teased him, grinning as she twisted her body to look at him. She was always smiling around Harry.

Harry scoffed, turning her around until they were standing face-to-face. "Excuse me? I am not old."

"T-minus five minutes to twenty-eight. Twenty-eight is basically thirty, thirty is basically fourty, and fourty is fifty and then you're sixty and then you die. Twenty-eight. You've got so little time left to live."

Harry burst into laughter, his whole body shaking, his dimples appearing once again. Alliah loved his dimples. As he pulled her in for a kiss, he mumbled, "You're an idiot, diddya know that?"

Alliah kissed him softly, and patted his cheek. "C'mon, loverboy, we've got guests to entertain."

Harry kept a tight hold on her waist, refusing to let her go. Alliah struggled, squirming and twisting from side to side before finally managing to get free of his hold, and then immediately started missing his touch.

Damn it, she was like a lovesick teenager.

Alliah grabbed the pack of candles and opened it, placing them down into Harry's cake.

"Three minute warning!" Rudy called as he walked into the dining room. "Damn. Nice cake."

"Thanks, you've got a nice cake as well," Alliah smoothly answered. Rudy took a second to think it through before laughing. "Hey, idiots in the living room! Get in here!"

"Who are you calling idiots?" Mira asked, frowning playfully as she stood across from me.

"I'm calling you an idiot," Alliah hummed, grabbing the lighter, and gesturing towards Harry. "We've got two minutes, people! Get to your places."

There weren't that many people. It was Harry, Rudy, Mira, Dan, Anya and Jeff. Jeff was mostly here as Harry's guest, but Alliah liked him. He was a good guy.

Alliah grabbed her laptop, a tab already open with a countdown to midnight. She turned on the lighter and lit the candles before stepping aside. Mira and Rudy were already filming, so she didn't have to worry about that.

In unison, they started singing Happy Birthday to Harry. "Happy Birthday to... youuuuu."

They stretched out the last note, waiting until it hit midnight to stop singing and Harry blew out his candles.

Harry grabbed Alliah's hand, pulling her away from the side of the table and grabbed her by the waist, kissing her softly.

Alliah melted, and she was sure she would've fallen if it weren't for Harry's firm grip on her waist. Their friends cheered, clapping and Rudy whistled.