CHAPTER 11

JORDI ADKINS

The weekend went in a flash; it seems like us students don't deserve to rest on weekends just like every adult. My mom's pitchy pissed off voice woke me up which just reminded me that Monday has finally arrived. Well, that's not actually my mom, it was the alarm clock that my dad gave me during my fifteenth birthday. He got it from his business trip in France a few years ago and he was the one who uploaded mom's pissed off voice on it. I don't have any idea why he did it but apparently, it's working. Also, I don't know how he got mom's voice—he obviously recorded it—but I don't remember my mom shouting at me like that. It must've been one of those times where she was freaky mad at dad for overdrinking.

I jumped out of my bed feeling much rather lazy and drained. I don't know what's wrong with Mondays and why it has this crazy effect on people, and apparently, everyone hates it too. Including me of course.

I went straight to the bathroom and as I looked into the mirror, I was overcome with dread when I saw my face.

"What in the actual fuck!" I cursed out the moment I found a pimple on the tip of my fucking nose.

This has got to be my biggest fear. Well, aside from being beaten up by Xavier, I'm also afraid of having pimples on any part of my face, riding a Ferris wheel, spiders, dentists, and eating alone at a restaurant. That's a lot to be honest and I'm sure there are other things that I'm afraid of but I just haven't encountered them yet.

When I got to the breakfast table, my mom immediately noticed the pimple on the tip of my nose and it just sparked up a conversation that I'm not invested into.

"Look, Charlie, your son's already becoming a maaan." My mom babbled out accentuating the word man.

"Mom, please!!!"

"What? Is he growing a beard or something?" Focused on his laptop, my dad chuckled out loud even though he doesn't know what he was chuckling about.

"Charlie Brown? Would you mind setting work aside for now? We're having breakfast and it's not like you're being paid for overworking." My mom glowered calling dad Charlie Brown and whenever she calls him that, it means she doesn't have to shout for my dad to obey her.

"I'm sorry, honey." Gently closing his laptop, my dad replied gruffly. "I was just... Wait, you have a pimple, son. Hohohoho."

"Oh my god, yes, dad. I know I have a pimple, now stop laughing." I spat out. I barely even left home and I'm getting embarrassed already, what more if I went to school?

"I bet that's because of your crush. Who's the lucky girl?" My dad teased.

"Dad, I don't have a crush." I wailed seemingly unwilling to open up. No one here in the house knows that I'm gay and a flamboyant one too and as far as I would want to come out to my parents, I don't think I'm quite ready. I wish I still had my grandma because she would certainly help me.

My mom rolled her eyes over at dad. "Charlie, your son already got a girlfriend, he doesn't need to have another crush."

"Naaah, I had a crush on Christina when we were dating." Dad revealed and I'm sure I haven't heard this one before. "It's fine to have a crush on someone else while dating someone. It's just a crush, you know."

"Is that true, mom? That sounds more like cheating to my ears." I shifted my focus on mom while she was pouring dad a cup of brewed coffee. "And who's Christina, dad?"

"It's Christina Aguilera. She's your dad's all time crush blaaah blaaah blaah and yeah, it's probably cheating but who cares? It's not like he could get his pants on Christina."