CHAPTER 26

JORDI ADKINS

"You saw us?" I almost barked out loud. Thankfully, there's no one out of earshot by the bleachers and I was able to make all of the shocked sound and expression that I would've normally do. Hearing the confession come out of Nikki's mouth was the only thing that I needed to make an actual conclusion. It's most definitely the reason why she called me a liar in the first place.

"Yup, by the locker. I was just on my way to find you and I didn't mean to pry but I saw everything and when I say everything, I saw you kissing him back." Nikki continued. "Oh my god, Jordi!!! Is that actually your first kiss?" She squealed.

"Nikki—"

"Or maybe there's something else that you're not telling me about. Hhmmm?!!."

"No, it is. It is my first kiss." I nodded in utter defeat and I just realized that I needed to tell Nikki everything. I know we just had a fight and perhaps this was also the right time to finally tell her about me and Xavier.

"Xavier's your first kiss? That fucking bastard!"

"No-no-no!!! I mean that wasn't the first time that we kissed." I said in my initial attempt to try to and tell her what happened.

"What?!!!" Nikki's eyes grew larger. "Let me get this straight. So you and Xavier have already kissed before that?"

"Ahuh..." I nodded swallowing hard and feeling a bit embarrassed by it. While Nikki was the first person to realize how hot of a guy Xavier was, it never really fazed her from hating him. "We did."

"Tell me more, you sneaky little Jordi!" She chirped and it was clear to me that she's also quite intrigued.

"Well, if I'm going to tell you everything that you need to know then you have to promise that you must keep it between us. I mean, you could tell Jane but it should only between our circle." I uttered wisely. I have such confidence with Nikki and I know she's going to keep this as a secret. However, what if things go awry again between us? What if we have a huge misunderstanding and when I say huge, I mean something really huge. I should be able to trust her with this because this isn't my only secret, this is also Xavier's secret.

"I promise, Jordi."

"Cross your heart?"

Nikki crossed her heart with her finger. It was in the wrong part of her chest but I just ignored that little detail. "I'm going to keep my mouth shut because I'm a good friend. I swear on my dead father's grave!"

"Okay..." I let out a heavy sigh having heard her. "We didn't just kiss, we actually made out and I... I took him home."

"Jesus mother of..." Nikki got up and then sat back. "Did you two like—?" She used both of her hands to make a sexual innuendo.

I ended up ignoring that and just went on and told her my story. "When I woke up the next morning, we were both naked and I saw the little monster hanging in between his legs, well, it's not really little but you get my point."

"Jordi? That's like a full one eighty. Are you fucking serious?"

"Girl, I'm telling you now. I'm not lying. I'm a lot of things but you know I'm not a liar. I didn't have sex with him. We almost did but I fell asleep."

"You know what, Jordi. I'm honestly gagged about what you are telling me right now. I thought I only saw you and Xavier kiss and now, you're telling me that you almost had sex with him." Nikki said.

"Yeah, and I'm really sorry that I didn't tell this sooner. I just needed some time to process everything and also, I'm scared."

"Girl, why are you scared? There's obviously nothing to be scared off. We are your friends and we keep each other's skeleton tightly locked in each of our closets." The fact that Nikki mentioned this meant that she's truly serious with her promise. I'm glad that we had this conversation because if not, I'm probably crying right now because of what happened back in the hallway. "Remember that one time I shit my pants?"